When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchmark HBB ceramic rose gold, ummmm

evildee

First of all, Watchmark came through. Very accommodating, good packaging and fast shipping.

All these reviews and you guys missed one big detail. :o

I'm disappointed at you guys. I'm also disappointed at myself not noticing it either before purchasing.

Ummm. The rehault is not gold!

I notice the higher priced version $780 not the Ultimate has the gold rehault and maybe a different dial. But I wouldn't pay that price for that.

Guys, tighten your flat head screws. All of mine were loose! Also, in case if you're wondering, mine didn't come with blue screws on the movement.

Oh well, on with the pics. Posing next to my Ultimate ceramic SS.

img2492hx9.jpg

img2497nl6.jpg

img2499po4.jpg

Edited by evildee

Still if you were to show the guy in the street those two HBB's and told them to pick the more expensive one I'll bet they pick the RG every time, I would also bet they wouldn't believe you if you told them the Ultimate was 4 or 5 hundred dollar more.

Ken

Still if you were to show the guy in the street those two HBB's and told them to pick the more expensive one I'll bet they pick the RG every time, I would also bet they wouldn't believe you if you told them the Ultimate was 4 or 5 hundred dollar more.

Ken

^^Agreed

Well spotted ! :mellow:

From my side I have not noticed it as I was comparing my V1 to this V2, not to the gen. I'll update my post.

As it was not remarked till today, I'd say this is because that's really not the first thing one looks at, and that's valid for you too :

to spot a rep HBB, I'm going to the DW and the dial and of course the caseback, which is wrong too (LIMITED EDITION marking). At the end, the conclusion I did is IMO still valid : those having paid for the "plain" version won't regret it, but the V2 is a very good alternative for those who don't want to spend an insane amount of money on a 7750 replica.

At the end, you can always tell it's really a LIMITED EDITION ^_^

The screws are a real problem indeed. What did you use to tighten them ?

You know after wearing it a while and looking at some GEN photos. I like the silver rehault better. It coordinates with the silver H screws. Who knows maybe one day Hublot will make one like this since there's so many GEN variations out there. :Jumpy:

For the flat head screws I used my Bergeon's Nine Piece Screwdriver Set. I also have a H screwdriver which I made myself from cheapo screwdrivers I got from ebay when I started out getting watch tools. The H screws are on there pretty tight. I think it's liquid lock because I notice some residue on the bezel.

Pix, you're right, this is a good alternative to the higher priced versions. It has that wow factor and at the end of the day I'm very pleased with this watch.

There's one thing that surely plays in our favour : Hublot has made so many variations of the Big Bang (some being ugly) that even a trained eye won't remark all these things without having a catalogue with him.

An other example : does the RG version has black or white DW ?

BOTH SIR ! :)

Ummm. The rehault is not gold!

I notice the higher priced version $780 not the Ultimate has the gold rehault and maybe a different dial. But I wouldn't pay that price for that.

The silix version seems to have a gold rehaut.. or is it a reflection?

hubs010-3.jpg

What I see wrong is the printing on the dial is gold, it should be white.

...With exception for the small square marker @ 3Hr (near the small "15" number), that is correctly gold on models with black-on-white datewheel. :)

Oh my, all these variants and details are giving me an headache. :crazy:

That looks like gold rehault to me. What I see wrong is the printing on the dial is gold, it should be white. Also, the knurl looks flat on the silix version.

You're right, though I never know which combinations are correct with these HBBs... That pic does make the knurl look flat though... will have to look at the other pics.

Guys, tighten your flat head screws. All of mine were loose! Also, in case if you're wondering, mine didn't come with blue screws on the movement.

Uhmmmmmn.....how can that be when the dealer say's he QC's his products??????