When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trying to find info on the Super Sea-Dweller - I suck at searching!

deemaster

Try this thread.

I never thought the SSD was a great rep, but some people seem to like it a lot.

I'm not saying it's a bad rep... but not very accurate to the gen. Lots of good things but some serious flaws too... that can't be fixed.

Quite a few of the collectors sell the SSD. It is somewhat accurate, fairly accurate , if you will, but of course, not perfect. Crystal is a tad too tall, crown guards could be trimmed slghtly, but they are pretty good as is. Pearl might be a tad small. Some people have complained about the bracelet- some are fine, others not so great. All in all, it is really a pretty good rep IMO. People have also dove and swam with them, so they are fairly WR. This watch is the samew size as the noobmariner, 40mm, but a little thicker- 1 or 2mm more. My nephew has one and is happy with it. I don't own one because I have too many subs- noobs, etc.

check out Angus at puretime for the SSD. He has the new version with the better bracelet and thicker bezel. He also has them with the asian copy movement as a cheaper option. I just got a modded SSD from LegendofSpeed and im very happy with the accuracy and feel of it.

dizz

I would agree to buy this watch from Angus. He has the latest upgraded version with the close to gen thick bezel. No matter what anyone tells you its a fantastic piece. Perfect? No but fit and finish is wonderful and the slight differences no one will ever be able to spot. Not many out there are SD experts! Also buy the ETA version so you have something thats a reliable timepiece.

@Allergydoc: That's a GREAT photo man! Really makes the watch look good... you certainly nailed it!

PS: Have you polished the bracelet, looks great!?

check out Angus at puretime for the SSD. He has the new version with the better bracelet and thicker bezel. He also has them with the asian copy movement as a cheaper option. I just got a modded SSD from LegendofSpeed and im very happy with the accuracy and feel of it.

dizz

Dizz,

I ordered from Ruby and am waiting for my first rep - a SSD - to arrive. I would ask her this question but lately her response time to email is slow - does only Angus have this rep or is it likely that Ruby who does not keep stock and supposedly sources from the factory has sent me this newer version? When I ordered I thought I had done my homework but I guess not - didn't realize there were two SSD's out there.

If you have no idea - when it arrives if I post pics over here would it be easy for you guys to tell me which version I have?

Thanks.

Well theres just the 1st generation and 2nd generation. The 2nd gen has a much thicker bezel and they fixed the (very minor) issues with the bracelet scrrews. post side shots of the case and bezel and we'll let you know whats what.

dizz