When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dave Gates

ubiquitous

I just had a look in the reviews section, and much to my delight, I saw TONS of review postings by the legendary Dave Gates.

I really missed seeing Dave's excellet write ups on his wonderful and vast collection. Seeing his postings makes me feel nostalgic from the old days :)

Great to see you back Dave!

I couldn't agree with you more, Randy.

For those who don't know dlgates...his photo reviews and other contributions only tell part of the story of this generous and kind man. He significantly helped to set the friendly and helpful tone of the "good ol' RWG days"

It is absolutely wonderful to see Dave back on the forum. :D

I am so excited to see Dave is visiting the forum and posting his library of wonderful pictures and reviews. Dave was one of the most helpfull people I encountered when I first started hanging out on the watch forums over a year ago. I hope he will grace us with his presence soon and often. Hope to hear more from you soon Dave.

A true gentleman who was one of the core assets at the original RWG both for his reviews and his patience with genuine but stupid questions. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the man who started this loop falls into that same camp as well. No blushing Ubi. To both - :3a:

In general it is really nice to see the truly good folks reassembling here. We even seem to have jettisoned some of the dregs from the old place. :)

I really enjoy reading Dave's reviews and looking at his excellent photographs.

But I can't help but wonder why, with all the money he has made from Microsoft, why does he buy reps? Surely he must be able to afford genuines.

I do believe he once posted that his enjoyment of our site was a community thing and that he looked apon us as friends.

I'm sure this is much the same for a number of older members, ask yourself Clive are you still here for the watches? I know I'm not :)

Ken

I do believe he once posted that his enjoyment of our site was a community thing and that he looked apon us as friends.

I'm sure this is much the same for a number of older members, ask yourself Clive are you still here for the watches? I know I'm not :)

Ken

Damn you, Ken. You force me to be serious.

Yes, I'm still here for the watches. The more I hang around, the more I learn. As you know, I've been around a long, long time, but still have the knowlege of a newbie. Slow learner.

Bought two watches this month, one from Jos, the other a private sale from a fellow member. That's a privilige that non-members don't get.

So, I am here for the watches. In the main.

But there are fringe benefits.

The cameraderie. What a great bunch of (mainly) guys. I feel that I have some real friends, here - there are many that I would like to hoist a beer with - yourself included, of course. Its your round :-)

The bloodsports. You know that if there were no watches here and the membership was composed of bananas, I'd still be here.

Until the day the the United Nations declares Willith-baiting a crime against humanity (surely, a contradiction in terms), I'll be here. You couldn't pay me to leave. :lol:

Edited by Highflyingclive

But I can't help but wonder why, with all the money he has made from Microsoft, why does he buy reps? Surely he must be able to afford genuines.

Clive you have got this one all wrong.

He is obviously not the Dave Gates that made all his money from Microsoft.

Don't be absurd.

Rather, his proper name is David Gates, he made all his fortune from a rock and roll band.

Remember the band "Bread"; "Baby I'm a Want You", "Guitar Man", the list goes on and on.

David Gates wrote all those memorable tunes.

So, yes, he did make a large fortune, but in the rock and roll business.

But, as we all know, the life of a rock and roll star is quite an expensive lifestyle.

The reason why he now buys replica's? - his song royalties are not generating the big bucks like they use to in the good old days.

The true story of Digates.

:animal_rooster:

Well, I as well am glad to see Dave's posts. Dave, It is quite apparent that you are missed and well loved around here. We look forward to more comments and photos from you.

By the way, I sent you a few emails a while back...but, I don't know if you got them or if I even have the correct email addresses.

Hope all is well...and let's see you soon!