When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Porsche Flat-6 SS-braclet

tazzman

I don't think they will rep this bracelet. They even didn't plan to rep the IWC Aquatimer chrono bracelet but after sooo many requests they decide to do so after all.

It could be possible that the gen bracelet will fit ... but do you have an idea of the price...? It could well be over 600 euro!!

Personally I feel that the watch looks much better on rubber anyway. I think the bracelet takes away from the beauty of the watch head itself.

In terms of appearance I agree with you, but in terms of comfort there is no comparison. Having a conventional SS bracelet means the watch will sit better and more comfortably on the wrist as opposed to the stiffness and hardness of chinese rubber.

In terms of appearance I agree with you, but in terms of comfort there is no comparison. Having a conventional SS bracelet means the watch will sit better and more comfortably on the wrist as opposed to the stiffness and hardness of chinese rubber.

Well. I have to disagree here. I don't think having the watch in rubber directly translates to discomfort. I owned many reps with rep rubber strap (i.e. IWC Cousteau, Hublot Big Bang, Omega PO and Chopard Mille Miglia). They wear comfortably on the wrist even with rubber, except the Big Bang (sharp clasp). Infact when it comes with SS bracelet, the watch maybe tad too heavy. You can ask ByTor about his UPO too. I can vow that I can wear the IWC with rubber for extended period of time without any feelings of discomfort.

That's really interesting to hear. The rubber straps have been stopping me from acquiring a lot of 'super reps' but if they are in fact comfortable, I may just get one to try it out. Nobody thinks its too stiff to wear a rubber strap around the wrist?

That's really interesting to hear. The rubber straps have been stopping me from acquiring a lot of 'super reps' but if they are in fact comfortable, I may just get one to try it out. Nobody thinks its too stiff to wear a rubber strap around the wrist?

Rubber straps are fine. Why not start off with a Big Bang ? :p

Rubber strap like leather need time to soften a bit. I always hated rubber and wasn't sure about my HBB when I ordered it. Even the first few weeks, it wasn't comfortable. After a while (2-3 weeks) the rubber is finally as soft as leather and as comfortable. It's still not my favorite strap, but it won't stop me anymore to get a watch with rubber.

I just bought a flat 6. It's one of the most comfortable watches I wear. The strap is much better than ever would have thought. The only thing that I don't like is that the deployant clasp makes it virtually impossible to adjust the strap on the fly. For example it got hot the other day and when it did I wanted resized the strap to be a little bit larger size to give my wrist more room. Unfortunately on the Porsche strap that requires a screw driver to adjust.

You have to admire the simplicity of the SS Rolex band. All you need to adjust that is a paper clip or pointy object.

I never complained on the rubber-strap its actually really good.

I have lot of rubber-strap watches, IWC, HBB (2), Porsche, Chopard (2) and also rubberstraps for my PAM and UPO.

So I DO really like rubberstraps but the thing was that I really liked the look of the Flat 6 on SS-bracelet..

Anyhow I talked to Josh and according to him there will not be any rep of that strap, it was actually planed a while ago but they decided to not rep it.

So paying several hundreds for the gen-bracelet that "maybe" fit, no thanks.

end of discussion ;)

Its always funny how a question turns into something else ;)

-tazz