When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buzz Aldrin was at my gig last night

Leifhaus

Since interest in watches and astronauts seem to go hand in hand, I thought I would mention that Buzz Aldrin was at my gig last night which was at a bar in Washington D.C., a party celebrating the new Frank Sinatra stamp. I was standing right next to his table, even got a chair for one of his guests (actually did that before I knew who he was), he was with friends and wife and didn't want to disturb him for a picture, my bandmate got one. A nice little highlight to end an 18 hour day.

Excellent! THAT man is royalty as far as I'm concerned. And his taste in watches is superb. Here he's wearing

a 1968 Omega Speedmaster Professional.

as11_40_5903.jpg

It might be something similar to running around the Nevada desert in silly oversize costumes and then playing back the recording in slo-mo.

:bleh:

(kidding of course)

You know I watched that conspiracy theory show that they did and it was interesting to say the least.

Sorry off topic a little but do you really believe that he and Neil and the other guy actually went to the moon?

ummm- meaning you don't, ajoe?

I was a project engineer on the Apollo program in the late 60's, at NASA HQ in Huntsville. And yup, they did. Ain't no question about it as far as I'm concerned. And Ah ain't no NASA shill.

I was a project engineer on the Apollo program in the late 60's, at NASA HQ in Huntsville. And yup, they did. Ain't no question about it as far as I'm concerned. And Ah ain't no NASA shill.

Correct i dont believe

simply put if they had been there, why hasnt anyone been there since? why hasnt Nasa gone back?

Let we not forget that they supposedly went to the moon in 1969, thats nearly 40 years ago, technology has improved so much since then. Why not go back?

Another point, the radiation that they would have encountered during the flight would have killed them as they didnt have good space suits then, why did they come back alive and not get ill?

There are so many conspiracy theories but i think these 2 points are the most valid

Sorry off topic a little but do you really believe that he and Neil and the other guy actually went to the moon?

Of course. To imagine that it could be faked shows a complete and utter lack of knowledge of the whole subject.

Amateur astronomers were able to track the flight. Radio Hams were able to hear the conversations. Point a laser at the moon and you can hit the reflector they installed. All tests/observations possible/available to anyone in the world. Of all of the hundreds of thousands of people involved in the NASA space program, not one has ever said it was faked?

We went to the moon: there is no doubt.

Radiation? [censored]. You're showing your lack of research again and just listening to the conspiracy theorists without doing any fact checking. Do you know what sort of waves and the amount of radiation in the Van Allen belt? In total, they got hit with around 2 REM, a quite high (and measurable) amount. High, but not lethal unless you do it often. They went through a tiny area of radioactive space at high speed and they got hit by less rads than the photographers (or tourists)that visited the Chernobyl region. They basically rolled the dice and took a 1 in 1000 gamble. Now look up what Alan Sheperd died of.

Not gone back? Well, yeah. That's politics and we should be ashamed of ourselves.

More importantly, to not believe, you have to want to not believe. Why do you want to live in a world where we've not been on the moon? If it were down to people with that sort of opinion, we'd still be in caves.

Reach for the stars.

That is AWESOME - we have the coolest people on this forum. The apollo rockets had over 3 million parts? considering the technology its so amazing we did what we did.

I toured the Mercury Redstone launching bunker - with a literally a "fire" button to launch the rocket

showimageaspxso7.jpg

i met him a few weeks ago at the 'yuri's night' event at nasa ames.

he was always one of my hero's :)

better watch out joe, he's likely to knock you on your ass like he did that moon landing conspiracy theorist in LA a few years ago :boxing: