When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A very sad story

KB

You say this on an internet forum? Are you completely devoid of irony? :o

Remember; social networks don't sexually assault kids, people do.

Don't blame the vector, blame the people.

Big difference between a message board devoted to the discussion of a very particular niche hobby, and a website made purely for "social networking".

Yea, I read about this a while back.

Each of the four criminal counts listed in the indictment carries a maximum prison term of five years. NOT ENOUGH for someone's life.

Killing yourself over being teased doesnt mean that the person who teased you deserves to be locked up forever. Sure, it was douchey, but the fact that the girl hung herself is irrelevant to the charges at hand, other than perhaps serving as evidence to the nature of the emotional distress inflicted.

Edited by jdfaker

Killing yourself over being teased doesnt mean that the person who teased you deserves to be locked up forever. Sure, it was douchey, but the fact that the girl hung herself is irrelevant to the charges at hand, other than perhaps serving as evidence to the nature of the emotional distress inflicted.

Wow. Let me repeat the genesis of this story.

-The person doing the teasing was a 50 year old woman, posing as a teenage boy making romantic overtures to a clinically depressed 13 year old girl

-After flirting with this girl for weeks, woman, thur her alter-ego, broke off the 'relationship' spread confidential stories about the girl to her friends and than suggested that she kill herself.

-The woman was the mother of another 13 year old girl who was former friend. The girls had a falling out, and rather than staying out of it the Mother decided to exact revenge on behalf of her daughter.

And you fall it douchy??? Are you kidding me??? A 50 year old woman psychologically manipulates a clinically depressed 13 year old girl to the point where she commits suicide, and you do not think that constitutes criminal indifference. How about sexual misconduct??? Suppose this 50 year old woman were instead a 50 year old man who invented the alter ego, flirted with the girl on line for weeks, than betrayed her confidence, and encouraged her to kill herself. Would that change your perspective???

I think the key thing here is that the victim was a kid. 13 years old ffs, not exactly what you'd call emotionally developed yet, and certainly not old or mature enough to deal with manipulation from an adult. I truly hope the old hag burns in hell. Anyone who did something of this sort to my sister would not be making it to court, cyber walls don't do [censored] to a 165gr soft tip .308 slug, and that's what this lady deserves.

• Like 1

I think the key thing here is that the victim was a kid. 13 years old ffs, not exactly what you'd call emotionally developed yet, and certainly not old or mature enough to deal with manipulation from an adult. I truly hope the old hag burns in hell. Anyone who did something of this sort to my sister would not be making it to court, cyber walls don't do [censored] to a 165gr soft tip .308 slug, and that's what this lady deserves.

Precisely. There is a reason why we have laws that protect children from adult predators. A 13 year old's mind is still developing and as such lacks the emotional and psychological maturity to cope with adult situations. I am sure this woman did not intend for the girl to die, but she did manipulate her, and her conduct was nothing short of depraved and criminal by any civil standard.

In US law there is a principle illustrated as follows: You toss a penny at a man's head, which happens to have the thickness of an eggshell. You could not have known this. He dies. As long as the act was illegal and intentional (i.e. the tossing which is an assualt) you are fully responsible.

Or, I'm remembering this all wrong ;-).