When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Speedmaster Day Date....

Nightstroker

A very small "hole in the wall" watch repair store at one of the local malls here in las vegas is selling this watch....

BTW....this is NOT the actual watch....just a photo that I found on the internet....

Omega Speedmaster Day Date....

speedmasterdaydate.JPG

He is asking $2200....is that a fair price for this watch?

Also....does anyone know what calliber movement it should have?

I asked him if he would be willing to open it up for me if I came down with the cash....he went into a little spiel about how he could lose his license if he was to sell any counterfeit goods without disclosing it to the customer and that I could take it to any AD and have them authenticate it for me....

Strange that he seems to think that it is okay to sell counterfeit goods as long as you disclose it to the customer....lol....obviously a little slip of the tongue there....lol....

Thanks guys....good to know there is not a good rep of that watch right now....im sure he has the gen....I was just a litttle worried about the movement....it could have been swapped with an ETA that supports all of the functions....I know it is made on an ETA base movement anyway but I dont want to end up buying it if there is a replacement movement inside it....

I do like the watch....a nice looker indeed....complicated enough for me to not get bored with it after a couple of years....it is classy as well....I especially like the 24 hour subdial and the month-day-date functions....

Any word on the calliber?

@FxrAndy the one form the link isnt the same... the one nightstroker posted hasnt been reped yet actually! It is strange however that there isnt such a version on the Omegawatches,com but I am pretty sure I have seen it in a couple of gen sites for sale!

there seem to be many versions of the day date

http://www.uhrenhandel.de/product_info.php...amp;language=en

http://www.pmwf.com/cgi-bin/ForumArchive/w...ames;read=44365

Just make sure you dont end up with something like this :)

http://www.kingwatches.net/OMEGA-125.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Gen uses an ETA 7751 based movement - I believe it is the Omega 1151 caliber

I have the rep and when compared to the gen the only real tell was the bezel and the inside of the clasp (locking portion) all else was pretty damn spot on.

Word of warning the 24 hour dial is not a "GMT" it basically only tells you if it is AM or PM.

The lume is also pretty poor on the rep but that is pretty standard