When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Very Upset With My New Cousteau Diver.....

alant

I have finally decided to pull the trigger to get the coustea diver 2006 knowing that there are some improvements compared to when it was first launched.

The story begins....the watch arrived....it sure looks and feels like a super rep. It's a beautiful watch and I love it. Bad news is that the chrono function is not working at all! The pushers appeared to be fine but the chrono isn't working. I have dropped an email to the dealer and guess I have to wait for his reply.... its has been more than 12 hours really hope to hear from him soon then again they are dealers so don't think they will reply that fast and weekend is just round the corner. Heart pain man :(

... its has been more than 12 hours ...

:lol: only 12 hours and than posting :lol:

Even dealers need to get some sleep so now and than ;) Most dealers here are trustworthy and will do their best to take care of the problems. I wouldn't worry to much, although it sucks that a new watch is partially not functioning :(

sorry for the noob question, but...

I'm about to pull the trigger on either a Cousteau or an Aquatimer, but I notice that some dealers state "functioning chrono" on their sites for the larger and less expensive Cousteau's and some don't, whereas all the smaller (and more expensive ) Aquatimers all seem to have the working chrono... Can someone confirm that all the Cousteau models do, in fact, have a working chrono ? I like the look of the '06 much better than the '07, but I actually would like to make use of the chrono feature...

cheers !

Thanks yellomen.

Yap that's why I said I have to wait as dealers are humans too and due to time zone differences so have to wait a little. Plus its weekend so maybe got to wait a while longer. Dealer wise guess no issue as I have a fellow buddy that has bought numerous watches from him likewise for some of the hobbyists here. It just feel lousy when you received a nice watch and realised certain parts are not working.

Have a nice weekend folks!

Thanks yellomen.

Yap that's why I said I have to wait as dealers are humans too and due to time zone differences so have to wait a little. Plus its weekend so maybe got to wait a while longer. Dealer wise guess no issue as I have a fellow buddy that has bought numerous watches from him likewise for some of the hobbyists here. It just feel lousy when you received a nice watch and realised certain parts are not working.

Have a nice weekend folks!

Good afternoon dude!

I know exactly how you feel... really spoils your weekend, or more so, your whole week(s) till a good one is shipped back to you. :black_eye:

But i'm sure the dealer in question will get it right for you, though... Cos mine did... :)

Try your best to take your mind off it for the weekend..though i know it ain'y gonna be easy at all...

Cheers...

Thanks for all the encouraging words pals! Yap will not let it affect my weekend though I really wish that all is working fine. I do have other watches with A7750 movements, most of the pushers are a bit stiff but this one even if you push the pushers all the way in, nothing happens.

And today worn it a full day realised towards evening time, the time stops moving! And I have been pretty active like walking around and taking pictures but wonder how come it still could lose power? The rotor didn't move? Or worst another hidden issue? :huh:

Thought of doing a quick update. The dealer has replied over the weekend and he even apologized for the inconvenience caused. I have shipped the watch back to him now got to wait patiently for the new watch to come. Hope he will get me a nice piece and touch wood this time round no more issues. A good respectable dealer can make all the difference, I'm glad so far things are handled tactfully.

Thought of doing a quick update. The dealer has replied over the weekend and he even apologized for the inconvenience caused. I have shipped the watch back to him now got to wait patiently for the new watch to come. Hope he will get me a nice piece and touch wood this time round no more issues. A good respectable dealer can make all the difference, I'm glad so far things are handled tactfully.

That's good news...when the transaction is complete, you should post your thoughts in the dealer review area.

You never did clarify if you wound the watch by hand (at least 50 crown turns) before trying it again. All 7750s, Asian and Swiss need to be fully wound in this manner before declaring them DOA. You can actually mess up a functioning 7750 by operating the chronos inside 15 seconds on something less than a full wind. I know this because it happened to my Tag Link Chrono. I was given a "cure" scenario that involved full and partial winds, chrono running and re-setting protocols that fixed it when it looked hopeless.

You need to buy a watch with the 7750 movement if you want working stopwatch/chrono. If you buy the cheaper 21j Asian the chrono dials work as a date function

they have the quartz version out now that has a fully functional chrono on it. It sports the 7750 casing so its pretty good for a cheap version. Comes with light AR too.