When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Life in Alaska - Part XXII

Nanuq

HA HA.

I remember we had problems with geese coming from the lake in to our yard, FYI a goose craps every 10 seconds and it is as long as your finger and our yard was covered in goose poop. We asked to game warden if there was a way to thin out some of the males and he told us to poison them. My wife asked with what and he said with lead. After he left my wife said were do we get lead? That's a blond for ya. Roasted goose anyone?

One of our friends in Maine calls moose, swamp donkeys. lol

lol you don't see that in the NY craigs list.

Nanuq, have you seen the movie "into the wild"?

Sorry, I haven't seen it. The general consensus here is that the guy was loonie. I mean, any woman here could walk into the wild with nothing but a swiss army knife and survive a winter just fine.

Alaska... where the men are men and women win the Iditarod

-or-

Alaska... where the dogs are beautiful and the women are fast. :tu:

Sorry, I haven't seen it. The general consensus here is that the guy was loonie. I mean, any woman here could walk into the wild with nothing but a swiss army knife and survive a winter just fine.

Alaska... where the men are men and women win the Iditarod

-or-

Alaska... where the dogs are beautiful and the women are fast. :tu:

Nanuq. Seriously. Watch it, its a great movie. Maybe the guy really is a douche, who knows.

I'm glad you like the movie, but remember where we live and what we do here. The things that he failed at, and died for, are simple problems that we deal with. I take my scout troop out camping with less than what he had and junior-high age boys survive just fine. I've read a lot of reviews about it, and for the most part people here see it as "how could he have failed so miserably at something so simple?"

I do admire his willingness to embrace the unknown... THAT is appealing to me.