When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Up and Coming Watch Brands

Hello

Im steering away from reps for awhile and going to start collecting budget to mid priced gens.

I've been reading about Hamilton relaunching in the UK, for their quality, low price and prolific name overseas, this is one brand Im going to start to collect. Im also looking at Anonimo watches which perhap are a slightly more competitvely priced equivilant to Panerai.

Is their a particular brand that you collect, that you feel is reasonabley priced and with the right marketing and celebrity endorsements could be a good investment?

I like Universal Geneve. Their vintage Polarouters are cool, and has a special Microrotor movement.

Titoni is another interesting Swiss brand, one of the few independed manufacturers in the lower price range. But, they use stock ETA-movements and bought-in cases, not very innovative.

Girard-Perregaux is up and coming, I think. Nice divers!

Longines... Great brand! Even though I expect Longines will always be in the shadow of Omega as long as they are under the same umbrella... :-/

All of these are old brands, with history.. Glycine as well. Their old Airman from the sixties is a cheap way to get something that reminds of the orange hand Rolex Explorer II, with true military pedigree..

Anonimo is just another "New kid on the block" for me.. Another one who wants to make money on the watch trend.. ( Nice design, though)

Chase-Durer might be up and coming in Europe.. I have seen them mentioned in several magazines lately.. Not my cup of milk though...

Sorry to be a bit off-topic with this, but I googled Glycine Airman, and found this site hxxp://www.glycineairman.info/ (replace xx with tt). This site shows many pics of supposed fakes, so if anyone is thinking of a gen of this, be careful. Just a freindly heads up.

Hello

Im steering away from reps for awhile and going to start collecting budget to mid priced gens.

I've been reading about Hamilton relaunching in the UK, for their quality, low price and prolific name overseas, this is one brand Im going to start to collect. Im also looking at Anonimo watches which perhap are a slightly more competitvely priced equivilant to Panerai.

Is their a particular brand that you collect, that you feel is reasonabley priced and with the right marketing and celebrity endorsements could be a good investment?

M

i'll second sinn as being an up & coming brand. their U series watches are great (and fantastic relative value) :victory:

dsc00928gr8.jpg

deltatahoe

I had one of these but UPS stole it :cry:

I never even got to hold it :cryss:

Edited by Chronus