When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for recommendations for vintage rollie

omegaunit

I have both a MBW 1680 and 1665. The 1665 is by far the more substantial and believable rep. As proof to this I wore my 1680 on a business trip a while back and only received a lukewarm response from my watch fanatic co worker. A few weeks later I wore my 1665 and that same co worker could not believe the quality. He threatened to put it on his wrist and not give it back! They are both great watches but the 1665 has more heft and weight while lends to its believability as a rep.

If you are looking for the most accurate out of the box...that is one thing. If you are looking for the one that COULD be made the most accurate with a lot of mods...that's another thing.

For me...I just like this inaccurate vintage 6263...well...because of the acrylic tach ring.

I can't seem to find the post where this was discussed (the accuracies/inaccuracies and the love of the basic design anyways).

1.jpg

To those who are wondering...the sore points are:

• Symmetrical chrono pushers (gen has asymmetrical)
  • Printing of the ROLEX and other text is too large
  • Frozon subdial at 6 (good thing as it makes it more reliable...but bad because it's not as accurate)