When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

White Rolex Submariner...

surpur

Has anybody seen this model? It looks like ceramic on the picture, even the thick bracelet pins like on the Chanel J12. CN auto mvmnt.

It might be a fantasy model, but it sure looks great.

136952339_o.jpg

Well excuse me guys - but not too long ago somebody either here or on Repgeek posted a computer generated picture of a white Explorer II in just this white look. Everybody went "wow - that looks cool".

Too bad I can't find that post - it was done by one of the real photo shop geeks here...

Edit: Well I think I found it, but it is not quite as white as I remember:

Now guys... this is ICE COOL! :) By-Tor

But now here I saw a real picture of an existing watch just like it and it is: 'yuk!'?? :giveup:

Someone's been toking up.

Well I just like ceramic watches - some people like bling, Freeman :D

I would only get a watch like this if it was real ceramic, not painted or plastic. Already have the J12.

Besides being a fantasy model - would it be different if this was in black ceramic? Just curious if the white look is what is turning people off. ??

it is a huge stretch to compare this watch to a white faced exp II. Here is why I think the watch you posted goes wrong:

1) hands and dial markers are silver colored, not black. part of what makes the white faced exp II so great is the contrast between the dial and hands etc.

2) dial has maxi markers, but not a maxi minute hand. makes hands look smaller than they are.

3) white bezel insert with polished bezel is cheap looking, the black numbers on the brushed bezel with just a hint of polish is balanced and clean.

I think even real white ceramic looks fake. black ceramic if done well is very nice. just a few of my thoughts. I tried to stay away from the obvious ugliness of the basic construction of the watch, and stay with design.

BUT... if you like it, wear it well. its your wrist, dont let others tell you what to put on it...

it is a huge stretch to compare this watch to a white faced exp II. Here is why I think the watch you posted goes wrong:

1) hands and dial markers are silver colored, not black. part of what makes the white faced exp II so great is the contrast between the dial and hands etc.

2) dial has maxi markers, but not a maxi minute hand. makes hands look smaller than they are.

3) white bezel insert with polished bezel is cheap looking, the black numbers on the brushed bezel with just a hint of polish is balanced and clean.

I think even real white ceramic looks fake. black ceramic if done well is very nice. just a few of my thoughts. I tried to stay away from the obvious ugliness of the basic construction of the watch, and stay with design.

BUT... if you like it, wear it well. its your wrist, dont let others tell you what to put on it...

Thanks for your comments Urabus and you made some good points with the black versus silver hands etc. (too bad they are not black) So I am with you on the design flaws.

Even though - I think the bezel insert does not really look cheaper then the black regular ones that are - lets face it: just cheap aluminum with a little black paint on it.

But - is accuracy of a phantasie watch not an oxymoron - indeed?

I might just buy this thing, just to see the reaction that people will have to it.

accuracy of a fantasy watch is an oxymoron... my comments were not based on accuracy, just well though out design.

I think the font of the numbers on the bezel is both not a good font. nor does it look like it is printed well. the pearl also looks poorly made.

I think this could have been a nice watch (not a nice replica) if a little more effort was given to a few details...

But as I said, buy it, it might just not photograph well...

and if you do buy it, wear it well... and if its junk, do a pictorial torture test with it:)

Best Regards

M