When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Totally Newbie Stupid Pam Strap / Tube / Screw ???

Steve G

Ok

this is really a stupid question, I'm not really new to PAM's but I am to the strap side of them. I only have one PAM 90 which was purchased with SS bracelet. I have a 111h on the way. I did purchase some straps from a member here. Took off bracelet put straps on PAM 90 using the screws from the bracelet. It sort of dawns on me, Tubes??? I've seen them on ebay, heard people refer to them, do I need them??? I assume the go inside the strap, screw inserts in the tube. Right now I'm going tubeless :D Any problem with this Am I doing it wrong?

I feel dumb when it comes to straps, I'm kind of getting into them and Panerai's for that matter ( a whole other addiction) so anyone who can shed proper light on "how to put on a strap" would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Steve G

Great thanks. I would gather that the tube protects the screw and allows less stress to the strap screw. But tubeless feels secure enough. Having not received a rep with strap wasn't sure if tubes were provided or sought out seperately?

tubes are provided with straped pams, the tubes prevends your screws of bending and protects the strap etc I think they arent nessesary, but they help to keep everything in order though.

its by TANFOGLIO

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=4628&hl=

just what i tought...

the aren't indispensable but their use exist....

I don't use tubes on my straps.. It's ok when you have 1-2 straps but when you reach double figure numbers the tubes are the least of your problems :p

I can see that happeing :D Bye the way V i really like that strap on your 111h, where might I find something similar?

I can see that happeing :D Bye the way V i really like that strap on your 111h, where might I find something similar?

Steve when you ask me about a strap you should put a link in the photo because I had and have so many straps that it is impossible to remember :rolleyes:

Steve when you ask me about a strap you should put a link in the photo because I had and have so many straps that it is impossible to remember :rolleyes:

Sorry V i should have posted the link it was recent post from today showing your 111h on an Aaron strap couch i believe. I liked the vintage/distressed look. Hope that helps as i've become lazy in my searching for your post.

I don't consider tubes necessary, but I prefer to use them. The tubes hold the strap in place more firmly., so it wobbles less, which I suppose is what people mean when they refer to protecting the strap -- although wear and tear on a reasonable quality strap should not be that great.

Having said that, I lost one of my tubes. Until I get a replacement, I cut one leg of a paper clip to about the same width as the strap, and placed it in the watch sleeve before screwing the strap onto the watch. This eliminated the wobble on the strap. You could try connecting a strap with and withou this method to decide whether the strap wobble even matters to you.