When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally I found my grail...

V

My buckle strap grail it is..

A 100% genuine (no doubts blah blah blah) GPF-Mod Dep buckle from a Vintage Panerai Compass that was attached on a velcro :Jumpy:

Extremely expensive but with the amounts of money the vintage Pams cost I think it is a good investment to have one.

I have put it on my V Dark Ammo style strap in 26/26 and since it is butter soft it squeezed nicely through the 44mm lugs of my 112 :)

So my 112 will have some actual WWII element to it and not only my war to change my son's nappy :p

I only need to find a nice khaki thread and re-stitch it and it will be finished I think...

DSC01936.jpg

DSC01937.jpg

DSC01946.jpg

DSC01947.jpg

Thanks guys for your kind words..

Yes I know this would be more appropriate on a vintage Angelus project but the 112 is my favourite watch and it should have gone there.

The 112 is modern but with a historic look not the contemporary the automatics like the 104 for example has.

This sandblasted buckle being quite dull I think it would be PERFECT for a titanium base like the 176 or the 036. :)

As far as the leather I think my process on this strap has been 100% succesful with a very nice result

that thing looks like youre strapped into an electric chair!

congrats on getting exactly what you wanted tho :thumbs:

Well I wouldn't expect everyone to understand what that is, especially from someone with a Rolex in his avatar ;)

I can agree that visually it is not the best combo but historic and value wise it cannot be better :)

LOL... talk to V's buddy E... he repped 'em LOL

David that is an INSULT !!!!!

For those who know something more about GPF, he repped probably the bad rep of Strapmasters..

This Vintage brushed one (not my sandblasted) has only be repped by Kevin/Adeeos for use with some of his Ammo straps to specific customers.

When I will have some time I will make a nice interesting post about GPF Mod Dep buckles and the controversy about them. :)

V that looks fantastic and a good investment no doubt...

I am actually surprised how good it looks on a 44m modern piece - especially with that strap.

I'd love to see it on a 232, 127 , 217 as well as 3636 , 6152 etc... ;)

Well done mate!!!

S

I'd love to see it my my 210i! ;)

Nicely done, Kostas! I like the thread that it's currently stitched with, FWIW...

I'd love to see it my my 210i! ;)

Nicely done, Kostas! I like the thread that it's currently stitched with, FWIW...

Thanks a lot :) Although I am not quite sure you will be able to see it in your 210 :p

I like the thread as well, but I think it will look better with khaki.. We'll see when I will do it :)