When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

With all this fuss about the CHS on the GMT II...

Feta1

Totally agree with you Freddie. Mine came yesterday as well. While I am not much of a Modern Rolex guy and bought this largely because I believe it will become one of those legendary reps, I am smitten with the quality and am actually finding myself wearing it right now :) So far, my movement working great and just as advertised. It is right up there with the MBK Nautilus in best Out-Of-The-Box experiences of quality. It will make it into the rotation and get wrist time for sure :)

Some quick snaps:

rolex116710gmtiiceramiclz1.jpg

rolex116710gmtiiceramicbg5.jpg

rolex116710gmtiirehautuh9.jpg

fortunately the genuine was at the price range that it could be purchased for dissection and then replication.. I'm told the genuine watch is pretty useless after it's torn apart.. many of the parts are farmed out for replication ... but 10 months in the making ... we can only wonder what's coming at the end of this year :pray:

I received mine a couple days ago (5 days to US East Coast). I like it better than my gen sub, which I'll probably sell now, and would not have purchased in the first place had there ever been a very good sub rep. This is my new daily wearer. Even the way it stays put right on top of my wrist, thanks to the flatter bottom profile, is superior to the gen sub.

I chose the eta version because parts are available if it craps out. Hopefully, it is actually an eta and not a copy.

I ordered an asian 2836 version. What I don't understand about this is, since the watch doesn't function as a true GMT anyway, why couldn't they stack the hands correctly, giving it a better appearence? They would need an HR hand with a larger hole and a GMT hand with a smaller hole, switch it around, and there you go......or am I missing something? The CHS version may change the time/gmt time like the gen, but the date changes at the GMT hand's midnight, so is it worth it to spend +/-$200 more?

But seriously, why cant they just source different hands for the 2836 IHS version and stack them correctly?

I had mine for 5 days and it was just perfect. Tried setting the time the second time I wore it and the hour hand stopped working along with the date funtion. Its now in transit back to China. This watch is B E A U T I F U L and in my opinion the best out of the box Rolex rep EVER. However my initial impressions of the movement is that it is fragile. When I get it back I will never try setting the hour hand again that is for sure.

I think it is safe to say that using the hour hand setting function on the chs version is akin to playing Russian roulette. Therefore, other than my initial (successful) testing of the hour hand setting function upon the watch's arrival, the next time I use that function will be the next time I need to keep track of 2 time zones while traveling (never).

Received mine today. CHS, and will probably be using the hour setting during my cross time zones travels. A great watch. I really wish the guys who made this, will get their hands on more genuines.. It is That good. How about the SD deep sea guys?

Compared to the submariner, it feels wider, heavier, flatter, more polished, and the clasp/bracelet is light years ahead. Kudos to the maker.

Here is a quick pic.

IMG_2440.jpg