When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please Help! - does anyone own a black 30gb Ipod and still have the box and manuals?

Tom

I know this sounds odd, but let me explain. I've just been to Thailand and had a number of things stolen from my room (a rather nice FM Long Island included).

I'm claiming on my Amex card travel insurance, and obviously they've asked from receipts...does anyone seriously keep these for more than 3 years?!!!

I've told them I don't have them so now they've asked me to provide evidence in the form of packaging and user manuals...Seriously.

I have none of these, so I was wondering - does any forum member with a good heart own a 30gb video ipod (2006 version?)

Im hoping there is someone who might keep the box and papers for their electrical equipment - I know you're out there.

If anyone can help i'd love to hear from you - I don't know how I'll repay you but i'll think of something - all I need is a digital photo of the box/papers.

Hmmm, depends what you brought back from Thailand, horologically-speaking? ;)

Not sure it will be of use (if you've already submitted paperwork saying Black 30GB) but I have box/packaging/papers from my old 2005/6 20GB iPod (Photo) - both are discontinued now anyway and insurance will replace like for like - you can probably get a Touch for the insurance value.

LMK if you want pic - insurance companies are bastards so more than happy to help.

I've also got a 30Gb iPod video box in the loft from when i bought my black iPod a couple of years ago...

Let me know if you need a pic and i will dig it out.

I also have other boxes from canon ixus cameras and psp's if you need pics of any of those in case they were also "stolen" from you! ;-)

Guys,

I am humbled by all the replies - thanks very much!!

they have now got back to me and said they only want a photocopy of the front page of the user manual?!

What an odd request. That to be honest is too much to ask of people - more time consuming than snapping a picture, so I'm going to see if I can get someone in my office to bring one in, but there's been no luck yet.

If I come back to one of you guys, I promise I'll make you a donation to your next watch purchase for your troubles.

This is so odd - I mean, insurance companies aren't stupid so they must realise that asking someone to do this will encourage them to "borrow" someone else's manuals....especially a product so universal as an Ipod.

Thanks again guys for your replies.

Tom.

That is crappy Tom. I hate personal property crime!

And very nice of the members to share with Tom. It looks like it will turn out okay with your insurance company as they only need to see the manual.

At first, my first thought was, they may want to see the SN, model number from the packaging. I threw away all my packaging, but if I remember correctly, isn't the SN, etc, on the box label? It is a good thing they don't want to see that, otherwise, if you were to supply them with that information, that SN would be flagged as stolen and then the rightful owner of that iPod would be in possession of stolen property. Just something to think about.