When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Porsche Flat Six Rep vs. Gen pictures

rosnik

I did this review of the Flat 6 rep vs gen a while back ago. It might help answer some questions.

The overall accuracy of the new Porsche Design Flat 6 is extremely good. There are some minor differences between the rep and gen, but a very well done rep. The next super rep maybe?

Porsche Design

Flat 6 6340

The gen is on the top and rep on the bottom (pictures courtesy of Trusty).

PD-1.jpgPD001A.jpg

As you can see, the accuracy is quite uncanny. The color of the inner bezel is a little off but the markers, date font and overall quality of the dial and bezel is very good.

PD-2.jpgPD001A_4.jpg

The crown is virtually spot on. The gen's engraving is a little deeper and crisper, but the rep is quite accurate nevertheless. The chrono buttons on the rep is tighter and more concealed than the rep. The rep has a larger gap and seems to have a little different finish. Markings are very good though.

PD-4.jpgPD001A_6.jpg

You will see that the markings on the case are spot on. The rotor on the gen has a bit chrisper and deeper engraving. The parts on the movement have machined swirl markings on the gen and just polished on the rep. The gen being an eta 7750 also has the regulator fine adjustment. You will also notice that the strap on the gen has 6340 marked on the end close to the lugs. These markings are on both straps.

PD-3.jpgPD001A_5.jpg

The buckle clasp is spot on with the correct markings. The metal used on the clasp of the gen is very solid and heavy and constructed of surgical steel whick is much better than that of any of the reps I own. The rep uses soft rubber which is grippy and not smooth like the BR02 or 21J Chopard Miglia for example. The gen uses vulcanized rubber which is thicker, harder, and has a glossy finish.

PD-6.jpg

The lume on the gen as expected, uses C3 superluminova and is spectacular to look at in the dark. Some of you with the reps might want to ship yours to The Zigmeister for a makeover.

PD-5.jpgPD-7.jpg

The watch comes with an awesome case and box.

I hope this review helps a bit with your decision to buy the rep. The overall accuracy to the gen is very good and highly recommended. Of course there is nothing like a gen. I really love this watch, and that is why I forked up some cash to get it. In case you are wondering, the AR is light with a purplish tint.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi gang,

I'm happy you appreciate my pictures.

-About the seconds hand, the REP have white one , the GEN one is silver, wile one use the silver type on gen is sure less visible the the white type.

To confirm this the GEN proprietary prefer white ver. too.

Take please in count that GEN PD Flat SIX was first time presented to the public with one white second hand with one red stripe on the top too.

About this fact, the GEN buyer ordered the GEN flat six thinking to receive that white and red pointers.

When he received the silver version he was really disappointed.

I think I'll get the RED stripe on mine too.

-About the A/R coating , you can see the blue reflex on REP that are not present on GEN.

The REP PD have simply one not correct AR coating, I'll remake it for sure.

- About RUBBER Strap , Mine is not flat or soft, it's GEN like.

the rubber incision and material is really good and I appreciate no noticeable differences from GEN.

Nico

PS: were can I find one box for my PD Flat SIX ?

Regarding the strap : some member pointed out that he ordered 2 Flat6 from Joshua within 2 weeks, and one came with a quite stiff rubber strap (which IMO is correct, and like the one I have on my rep), and the other came with a soft crappy rubber strap (I guess the same crappy rubber we find on cheaper reps, the one that takes dust).

This could explain the different experiences amongst members.

Guest Mr Jones

It was I 'TacoGangster', sorry but I was tied after my trip back to germany today I make pictures :

About strap first I see one is with numbers '6340' near lugs second is w/o this numbers. And if you have this replica you can have different feeling about quality of this replica.

Picture's of straps :

20080604192300300qh5.jpg

Link1

20080604192300301uh3.jpg

Link2

20080604192300302vt0.jpg

Link3

20080605122800327ks2.jpg

Link4

20080605125100360cq6.jpg

Link5

20080605125100361is0.jpg

Link6

20080604191200275av7.jpg

Link7

20080605124800357rb9.jpg

Link8

20080605162200435ur2.jpg

Link9

If I compare this two straps ON REPLICAS ->

1. Strap is softer, it is easy to roll it, have '6430' numbers, squares inside is not so high, 'Porsche design' is also no so deep. No so dark like second one. Lenght is shorter.

2. Strap is hard, you can see on pictures watch can't be flat strap move it horizontal, squares inside much higer [like on new Michelin], 'Porsche design' sharper and deeper, darker color and not satin feeling, longer

and watches - it feels litle diferent I will put pictorial in 'My colection' later to much photos for this post [and not on topic ;)], watches ordered with 7 days difference in Josh shop [two different shipments]. It looks like his staffs buy it on two diferent streets w/o interesting about QC.

PS. Added home video -

Edited by Mr Jones

Thank you Mr. Jones for you picture and video. :1a:

it's ......."SUPER"!!!

It perfectly explain us the problem. :balloon:

Just for your info, I ordered one second one Strap from PreciousTime too.

I always like to have a second one stored new strap for all my watches.

Fortunately, I received the harder version again. :boat:

I suggest you to replace the soft one with one harder too.

The two watches body appare to be same.

dscn5330bu2.jpg

Turning to a cheap strap is a stupid idea of rep manufacturers : how much do they win per rep ? 1 EUR ? 2 EUR ?

And that just ruins the otherwise excellent level of replication.

@Rosnik : how much did you pay ? I'm like you, I like to have a replacement strap, but could not get one for the Flat6.

Thx :)

Like I promised.

This is are pictures take from a magazine,

that's the GEN first FLAT SIX production preview.

Note the white with red stripe seconds hand. :rolleyes:

I would like to reproduce this high visible version, the silver one BMW is sure low visible with this dial.

dsc0279ry3.jpg

dsc0280vx9.jpg

Turning to a cheap strap is a stupid idea of rep manufacturers : how much do they win per rep ? 1 EUR ? 2 EUR ?

And that just ruins the otherwise excellent level of replication.

@Rosnik : how much did you pay ? I'm like you, I like to have a replacement strap, but could not get one for the Flat6.

Thx :)

BMW:

the soft ver. are only the fist produced series than corrected.

About the replacing strap I pay 30 GBP or soo........Contact PreciousTime.

• 2 weeks later...
yes :D

Hi.

I have 2 questions:

1)Does anyone know where can I order this model, but with the silver big seconds hand in silver as the original one?

2)I'm planing to order from Precious time. I never ordered from them, only from perfect clones.Does anyone knows if this watch in precious time, is as good as the one of perfect clones?

Thank you all ;)

I just received my PD Flat Six yesterday. Same combo, silver chrono second hand. Lume sux but I agree it's a nice watch. IMHO the rubber strap is overrated on this piece. I think IWC Cousteau Divers rubber is better than this.

Hi.

From where did you got yours with silver second hand?

Thank you

Hi.

I have 2 questions:

1)Does anyone know where can I order this model, but with the silver big seconds hand in silver as the original one?

2)I'm planing to order from Precious time. I never ordered from them, only from perfect clones.Does anyone knows if this watch in precious time, is as good as the one of perfect clones?

Thank you all ;)

The Flat SIX I get in the upper picture is from PreciousTime and it's sure Ok.

He can get on req. all the 3 dial version ( Red , Gray or Black like mine ).

The Flat SIX I get in the upper picture is from PreciousTime and it's sure Ok.

He can get on req. all the 3 dial version ( Red , Gray or Black like mine ).

Hi.

But I want the black dial version, but with the big seconds hand in silver like the original, and the one they sell on precious time is with the big seconds hand in white...

Hi.

But I want the black dial version, but with the big seconds hand in silver like the original,

and the one they sell on precious time is with the big seconds hand in white...

I nether sow one GEN or REP with that White sub dial.................SORRY!

PS: the dial is Black ( METEOR ) and subdial Silver.

dscn5324te1.jpg

I nether sow one GEN or REP with that White sub dial.................SORRY!

PS: the dial is Black ( METEOR ) and subdial Silver.

dscn5324te1.jpg

You are not understanding what I am saying.I'm talking about the "Second hand" of the chronometer. If you see in the picture you just put here, the second hand of the original is silver and the one of the rep is white.I'm talking about the second hand(big one), not the dial or sub dial.

:D

Guest Mr Jones

Black dial is - GREY color and depend of what AR you have, you can see light gray or little darker gray [mix gray dial with plum color of AR]. This same like with straps we find now that they sell two kinds of straps with Porsche replica. My two Porsche came from PC and they have big second hand in chrom.

Black dial is - GREY color and depend of what AR you have, you can see light gray or little darker gray [mix gray dial with plum color of AR]. This same like with straps we find now that they sell two kinds of straps with Porsche replica. My two Porsche came from PC and they have big second hand in chrom.

Does anyone know if the one seling on perfect time already has the seconds hand in silver,and what kind of strap it has?