When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Porsche Flat Six Rep vs. Gen pictures

rosnik

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, thanks for the pictures! A really under appreciated replica, very accurate indeed! B)

I notice your Flat 6 has a white chronograph second hand, mine had the same hand colour, so I had it swapped out for the correct silver version. Angus is very handy when it comes to parts ^_^

Cheers! :D

Nice, thanks for the pictures! A really under appreciated replica, very accurate indeed! B)

I notice your Flat 6 has a white chronograph second hand, mine had the same hand colour, so I had it swapped out for the correct silver version. Angus is very handy when it comes to parts ^_^

Cheers! :D

I fully agree with you Mickey :)

This replica is damn accurate !

The only small flaw in this case, which will be mainly noticed if you have both like you did, is this white seconds hand.

Even the rep lume is very good.

I read on the forum that the manufacturer did not do a double AR, to stick with the gen. And it seems it's been a successful decision.

I fully agree with you Mickey :)

This replica is damn accurate !

The only small flaw in this case, which will be only noticed if you have both, is this white seconds hand.

Even the rep lume is very good.

I read on the forum that the manufacturer did not do a double AR, to stick with the gen. And it seems it's been a successful decision.

Yep, single sided with a purple tint. It looks very good indeed! B)

Not all had the white second hand, only a few I think. The white hand is meant to be used on the other two dial colour variations, only this version pictured should have the silver hand....

This watch certainly finds my wrist more often than not ^_^

The replica has a matt black rubber strap, whereas the genuine has a slightly more grainly, satin finish strap. Not a major difference, but noticable with both watches in hand I would say :)

tnx...the rep rubber band is very soft...however, looking from the pics apart from the satin finish it looks that the gen strap is more rigid and thicker...is that just a feeling or is it really like that?

Edited by dadog13

tnx...the rep rubber band is very soft...however, looking from the pics apart from the satin finish it looks that the gen strap is more rigid and thicker...is that just a feeling or is it really like that?

While I have seen the gen, I have not handled it :(

Hopefully Rosnik can enlighten us with that bit of info :D

Guest Mr Jones

I have two Porsche Flat6 from Josh now, and they are different - 7 days difference between orders. Later try make pictures. How looks lume on yours replica [picture] ??

IMHO the rubber strap is overrated on this piece. I think IWC Cousteau Divers rubber is better than this.

I prefer the other rubber straps...on the Corum ACC, on the DeWitt, on the Hublot, on the Paul Picot and on the B&M...somehow like I just said the Porsche rubber strap is too soft for me....

I am really interested to see the comments from the OP....

anyway, a bit off topic. Is the rubber strap on Paul Picot smells of something?

Lume on replica is standard rep lume. It's not bad on the hands (more lume mass) but dial lume is not that good. It seems that the gen uses C3 Superluminova based on your pictures.

anyway, a bit off topic. Is the rubber strap on Paul Picot smells of something?

Lume on replica is standard rep lume. It's not bad on the hands (more lume mass) but dial lume is not that good. It seems that the gen uses C3 Superluminova based on your pictures.

Paul Picot straps smells nice....to me somenthing in between of vanilla and tobacco....

and the rep is just amazing...I love it...and it wasn't a love at first sight...felt in love with it only when i had the opportunity to have it in my hands...the pics do not do justice of the beauty of the rep....

you get as well two straps with it...yellow and black one...and the strap is built very well!

Edited by dadog13

Ok! Just to confirm because mine smells of something I can't tell.

Anyway, the clasp on this PP is a weak part. Mine opens pretty easily. Gotta write of detailed review on this watch.

we are wy off topic taka...but the clasp on mine is as well weak...and opens pretty easilly...looking forward to your review...I tought of doing one too...but it requires a lot of time...especially for taking good pics and I am not the best one to do them...

Agree, we are way off topic :lol:

Ok. I will do my best this weekend. Been raining all day and low light. Hard to take pictures.

Anyway on this PD, I agree it is a nice replica. You can say that it's a super rep (just look at the detailed rotor, hands, dial). Too bad that the rep maker didn't really think about "investing" more on the lume. Even if the charge extra (let say 1g Superluminova to the buyer, I am sure many wouldn't mind). 1g can lume lots of stuff. maybe 20 of this watch.

I don't know why, because I usually have an eye for detail, especially regarding my watches dials/hands with flaws and dust etc.....

But lume on a watch has never, ever bothered me at all -_-

Sure it would be nice if they slapped on some Superluminova, but it does not come anywhere near to making or breaking any of my watch purchases ^_^

Sure, you are right on that point. Lume is not my primary concern but it will be a huge bonus (and step to achieve a better rep).

In any case, what impresses me is there are very rare replica (7750) watches which uses correct datefont/dayfont. This rep is just one of that very rare (look at upcoming Concord too... plus Chopard MM to name a few).

Sure, you are right on that point. Lume is not my primary concern but it will be a huge bonus (and step to achieve a better rep).

In any case, what impresses me is there are very rare replica (7750) watches which uses correct datefont/dayfont. This rep is just one of that very rare (look at upcoming Concord too... plus Chopard MM to name a few).

Add the Ebel to that list too :)

The day/date font on the Porsche is the best out of the lot though, superb job they did on that. Considering how it would look with a standard font, I think they had to do it, or sell no watches :p