When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My gen 24 dial is back, and not sure it's a 24

TK471

And it's on its way to me from The Zigmeister now.

And here's a list of the mods (so far:)

new ETA 7750 install

GENUINE dial install

hands lume tritium colour

pearl lume

GENUINE crown install

CG lever $10

CG feet filed down to move CG closer to case.-- A new crown guard is on its way, so no problem there.

Only one thing left -- a date wheel.

I can't wait to post pictures for you guys. I'm sorry I kept the gen dial thing quiet for so long, but you know how it goes.

Thanks to Zig for the work, and to "you know who" for the help in pulling the pieces together.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I got the 24 back from The Zigmeister and it's pretty amazing. But now I've got a question that needs the true PAM experts.

I bought the dial off the 'Bay. No question it's a genuine PAM dial. It was supposed to be a 24, which as I understand it, came only as a black dial. My dial is anthracite -- a color I believe was only used for the 106 and 170. I didn't really look at it before it went to Rob because I didn't want to mess it up, so I peered at it through the paper and didn't notice the issue.

So here's the question. Any such thing as an anthracite 24?

Pictures coming tonight.

TTIWIP.

Is the subdial anthracite as well? Or is it black?

In any case, you are right. Either 106 or 170.

Both they Titanium.

It is a great combination. I do love that dial. If you gone to the trouble to get a better datewheel than contact one of the dealers and see if they will sell you the crystal from a 199. It is AR coated but combined with the new datewheel gets it to 99% of gen.:D

Good advice. The new date wheel is a must. Sure the ETA 7750 is better than Asian, but you know Panerai: they gotta tinker with it just to make our lives more difficult.

I'll definitely check into the crystal. I've got a buddy in Chi-Town who's been helping with parts. Maybe more help is needed.

Nice watch.. you have to get a Ti case though.. or at least brush this one ;)

I recall the 106 rep's case being brushed stainless...that would certainly be an improvement over the polished 24 case, but like folks are saying Ti would be best.