When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! (Possible Ebay problem!)

sixbennetts

99% sure its fake :-\ but for 20 bucks its no biggie, our dealers sell them for 30-40 so $20 is a good price! However something is not right wit the 40$ shipping, it should cost 10 bucks max sent via priority 2-3day. Where in upstate are you? I can refer you to my friend who is the manager @ an AD in albany if you want a real one, they are pricey but worth it IMO, drop me a PM if ya want!

tell the seller to reinvoice you with the shipping costs in the listing ..he must have made a mistake....ebay frowns on excessive shipping charges (its called fee avoidance)...plus now sellers cant leave negative feedback ...you are in the proverbial catbird seat....priority shipping with delivery confirmation is around 5 dollars.....kin tama

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, I dont see ANY specified shipping costs in the original ad. Pretty interesting that he can take as much as 5 days to ship the strap, but wants it back within 3 days.

Although I can see why you would be upset ( over $50 to ship a strap) I think you should have asked about this before bidding. I also think given his terms, I would NEVER buy from him. SO thanks for letting us know about this seller!

That seller owes me $240,- !!! He sent me a black alligator strap for my Monaco and it was the XL size, so i emailed him about it. He was kind of uninterested... well the story goes on for about 5 months and than he's not replying anymore... and the XL strap was sent back, but a regular size strap was never shipped to me again!

I have all his personal info from Ebay... i can give them to you. Be very, very carefull ... i am stil thinking of filing a complaint at the police in the US which is kind of difficult for me.

Unfortunately i'll be away for business untill thursday evening...

That chronoswissprince... man, if i can get him in my hands!!

If anyone wants to bust down his door and get back my money i'll split it with ya :D

I only bid because the shipping charges were clearly spelled out in the original auction. $8.50 for US Postal Sevice Priority shipping, with insurance included in that $8.50, to 12901. (Been doin' the 'Bay for a while now).

And looking at the advertised pictures, (which I saved), it is genuine.

We'll see how he responds.

Can't you just go into checkout, subtract his $48.80, and add the $8.50 you were originally promised?

Because I live in Canada I always have to write in the shipping information myself.. I am yet to have a seller FORCE me to pay shipping - you can use their little calculator during checkout to make whatever adjustments you want.

• 3 months later...

Sounds dodgy to me, looking at the listing it quotes $26 shipping to the UK, so I think that the seller is trying their luck. I would report him and get him banned if I were you. Or at very least put a negative comment on the record, he cannot leave a bad one for you since the bay changed the system.

Problem is, he's been stringing me along for 3 months, all the time telling me he's waiting for his order, and he'll ship as soon as he gets them. I think he KNEW if he dragged it out, he could get away without me having to dispute it, leave negative feedback, or even do a charge-back at Paypal.

I would have continued to wait had I not seen that he sold the same thing to another buyer for more money.

Can anyone forward me the details of this seller please? Im also having issues with him.

I bought and payed for a strap over a month ago and he hasnt bothered to send it, hes also not replying to my email.

He even had the nerve to say, he beleived in karma and I wouldnt go to heaven??? This bloke has issues and really needs to be stopped trading IMO.

Cheers for the help.

Pete.

That's Ebay.

How much money we talking?

Thats the problem fakemaster, it wasnt through ebay. He had a FC6206 for sale on ebay for $150 which I contacted him about. He then ofered me a BA0786 for $255 but It wasnt listed on ebay so I stupidly agreed to pay him straight into his paypal account. After he told me it was going to take 6 weeks to order we agreed he would send the cheaper FC6206 and refund the differece.

He did send a strap but it was totaly different size, colour to the one Id ordered. I kept on at him for a few weeks to refund the money and send the correct strap but he just ignored my email. Eventually I opend a paypal dispute against him which he miraculously replied to within minutes.

Stupidly I trusted him again and said I would close the dispute if he refunded the outstanding $105 and promised to send the FC6206. Supprise, supprise, still no strap and no contact from him.

This isnt about the money for me now, its more the fact that he has had the nerve to do it. Some of the email I was getting from him when we were trying to settle the dispute was unbeleivable. Im not sure this bloke has a firm grip on reality.

Basicly $155 is outstanding but as mentioned above its beyond the money for me.

I would strongly suggest nobody else deal with him.

Edited by pwn_1