When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bid Blocked On the Bay

vlydog

I was watching a Rolex 5513 matte dial on the bay for the last week. I sent three questions to the seller. One question was for clarification on the diameter and second was about shipping. I received timely responses to both questions.After a day or so the price had remained low so I sent a third question to the seller.(who has 100% feedback) I said can you guarantee that the dial is 100% Genuine and that no where in you ad did it say "Genuine Rolex"

Well, I not only did not receive an answer back but the seller blocked me from bidding on any of his items.

Has any body else had this experience?

No Reserve price for sell is a Rolex Submariner 5513 matt dial refinished by profissional.

With rolex submariner 5513 hand set.

This Rolex dial will only fit on Rolex movement 1520.

International shipping by registered airmail is USD 20.00.

Thank you for bidding.

back.jpg

front2.jpg

Remember that old business adage...

20% of your customers will bring you 80% of your income....

that leaves 80% bringing in the other 20%.

Problem customers belong to the bottom of the larger group that brings in less. They are the 5% that waste 95% of your time. Ask all your questions at the same time, phrase that last one better... because you sure don't want to appear to be calling into question a dealer's credibility when the dealer has obviously spent alot of time and effort providing a 100% positive experience.... and don't drag the damn experience out for a dealer you don't know... he's busy...

IN OTHER WORDS...

If you look like a problem now... what in the hell will you be like to deal with if you're allowed to send money?

Remember that old business adage...

20% of your customers will bring you 80% of your income....

that leaves 80% bringing in the other 20%.

Problem customers belong to the bottom of the larger group that brings in less. They are the 5% that waste 95% of your time. Ask all your questions at the same time, phrase that last one better... because you sure don't want to appear to be calling into question a dealer's credibility when the dealer has obviously spent alot of time and effort providing a 100% positive experience.... and don't drag the damn experience out for a dealer you don't know... he's busy...

IN OTHER WORDS...

If you look like a problem now... what in the hell will you be like to deal with if you're allowed to send money?

Point taken POTR.

I believe in customer service and answering questions as a seller is part of doing business. I was prepared to buy this dial and given the chance would have probabaly won. I have also spent a lot of time and effort providing 100% satisfaction; so I know what it's like to do good business. My concern was that questioning the authenticity of the dial may have rubbed the seller the wrong way.

what is your feedback on ebay?

there are some preset buyer requirements (like "don't allow bidders with 0 feedback, or who has 2 unpaid item strikes etc.)

if you qualify for one of these, and the seller put these requirements, that's why your bid was blocked

I was watching a Rolex 5513 matte dial on the bay for the last week. I sent three questions to the seller. One question was for clarification on the diameter and second was about shipping. I received timely responses to both questions.After a day or so the price had remained low so I sent a third question to the seller.(who has 100% feedback) I said can you guarantee that the dial is 100% Genuine and that no where in you ad did it say "Genuine Rolex"

Well, I not only did not receive an answer back but the seller blocked me from bidding on any of his items.

Has any body else had this experience?

No Reserve price for sell is a Rolex Submariner 5513 matt dial refinished by profissional.

With rolex submariner 5513 hand set.

This Rolex dial will only fit on Rolex movement 1520.

International shipping by registered airmail is USD 20.00.

Thank you for bidding.

back.jpg

front2.jpg

what is your feedback on ebay?

there are some preset buyer requirements (like "don't allow bidders with 0 feedback, or who has 2 unpaid item strikes etc.)

if you qualify for one of these, and the seller put these requirements, that's why your bid was blocked

100 % positive

Ebay's feedback system now prevents sellers from retaliating against buyers who post negative feedback about them ... I tend to think that this seller is concerned that perhaps the dial may not be genuine and is afraid of negative feedback from a knowledgeable buyer. Ebay is essentially fraud-ville when it comes to Rolex and the risk of getting fake parts is there. I have asked sellers to verify authenticity of watches and parts I have purchased on Ebay and never had trouble from sellers over that question. Seems that seller is a little too touchy on the subject. I do not view your questions as out of line.

Yes Vly...

just remember that 'empathy' thing... even more important now that sellers have no way of talking back. The only tool they have is their customer service and the ability to choose carefully who they sell to. And that's gotta be scary... because the really bad ones sneak up a whole lot quieter than the usual potential-unsat... but when someone starts rapid firing in separate messages, each one taking that much more time to answer than a single message with multiple questions...

Then again, it's impossible to have a good read on everyone all the time... and communications can and will break down...

I had a similar experience happen to me with a dealer after he had my payment info... I sent him a mail asking to confirm that he had received everything ok, because he hadn't charged my card yet, and he went totally ballistic on me, to include claiming to block my email. So, I made sure to reciprocate through a different email address my dissatisfaction with his new attitude after the acquisition of my info and the fact that I could track down his relevant county authorities, by name, should I have to... (of course, he is here every once in a while... and now knows who I am too ;) )

Of course, you never can tell how tightly wound a lot of these "laid back vintage collectors that also happen to visit rep forums" are now...

... can we ?

Well, if YOUR (not the seller's) feedback is above 3 points and %100 positive,

then he put you on "blocked bidder" list intentionally.

if you get the exact message "your bid is blocked" , then you're on his blocked bidder list.

there are some other things like "you're in a country that the seller doesn't ship" etc. but not directly related to "blocked" list.

Boncovi

100 % positive

I agree with Freddy, it's an aftermarket dial. But I like it- from the pic it appears to have white lume, which is hard to find in a 5513 dial.

If the seller doesn't say genuine, you got to figure aftermarket. Even a refinished gen dial is going to run $300-500. The GD replica collectors are driving up the market!

I've been blocked by Astorlive for questioning one of their 100% authentic Rolex GMT's. I think it's kinda funny in a way, because now days even Rolex is hesitant to guarantee their vintage watches as 100%. You gotta wonder what makes Astorlive better than Rolex themselves?

Guest avitt

How do they know that you don't work for GAF (who could cause them trouble for even selling a redial)? The seller probably determined that it's better to be safe, and screen out overly inquisitive buyers.