When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Downunder Members, If You Could Do Me A Favour...

thomasng

I have something like $150 worth of Aussie coins sitting in a drawer at home, and I was wondering if I could send all the coins to one of you to exchange them into Australian bills. I would be sending them to you from Hong Kong, as it is cheaper there, I will be there on July 12th. I'll make it worth your while, I'll give you 1/4 of the exchange value for you to keep, and all you have to do is take the coins to the bank or just use them.

Thanks

Admin you know I will be very glad to do it for you and for free but postage of $150 worth of coins is not going to be cheap.

In other words is it worth it?

Ken

Nah, I wouldn't worry as postage in Hong Kong is only something like HK$70 (US$9) because of the proximity to Australia.

Admin... why don't you just go to the exchange center? Do they not take coins?

The one that does will give me 4 cents Canadian for each Australian dollars in coins (5% of its value). Exchange places in Canada won't touch coins except high-value euro and pound coins.

Hi

Last time I was in Hong KOng. I took coins and notes of about $ 200 and they were happy to

exchange into hong kong dollars . I used it when I was there.

U have to go the larger Hong KOng and shanghai bank in the central district. Not the

suburban small bank.

They just exchanged it in the normal rate. no problems and no question asked.

The one that does will give me 4 cents Canadian for each Australian dollars in coins (5% of its value). Exchange places in Canada won't touch coins except high-value euro and pound coins.