When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer I?

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

I wonder how come nobody is ever discussing Explorer I here?

Is it because of its size? Plain dial? Or is it because gen is relatively cheap to obtain?

I have to say I always liked i but never went for one.

Now I think it might look good on my girlfriend. She says she doesn't really like it from the pics but that's what she also said about Seatimer Pasha and now she totally loves it.

So in order to test waters I though about getting a cheap 100 usd version from Joshua.

I am no expert but it looks quite good in these pics:

2.jpg

3.jpg

It also seem slike it does not need any mods - just a nice polishing to give it extra shine and we are good to go.

Any experiences with this model?

Thanks!

Edited by Sql_pl

Wow - 16200 gen cases are dirt cheap!

I wonder if it is hard to fit an eta in there instead of 3135?

Hmm... I like this idea :)

not hard at all!

All you need is the proper movement holder! And I think I know someone that can help you out! ;)

ETA 2824-2 to fit 3135 case. I have a CNC machined holder for this very purpose.

or you could go a little more high quality and use a ETA 2892-A2. I have a holder to fit 2892-A2 to 3135.

Whatever movement you use, ideally you would want to mod it to a non date movement. Strip down the date function and replace the set lever to TWO position. Pos. 1 manual wind, Pos. 2, hack and time set.

The holder works great. No trouble at all. Thx, stilty.

not hard at all!

All you need is the proper movement holder! And I think I know someone that can help you out! ;)

ETA 2824-2 to fit 3135 case. I have a CNC machined holder for this very purpose.

or you could go a little more high quality and use a ETA 2892-A2. I have a holder to fit 2892-A2 to 3135.

Whatever movement you use, ideally you would want to mod it to a non date movement. Strip down the date function and replace the set lever to TWO position. Pos. 1 manual wind, Pos. 2, hack and time set.

I have two. It really is an awesome watch. The size does not bother me at all.

The one I bought from Josh is not exactly the same as the one I bought from Paneraifreak.

The numerals on the Josh version are a bit thinner and whiter as opposed to the more mother of pearl on the Paneraifreak.

I would say that Josh has the better version as the printing is crisper.

Edited by georgegrasser