When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP 007 (new gen)

b16a2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I was tempted to get one of these but the picture put me off. Would love to see a genuine one like you did b16a2, but I've never managed to see one myself. I'd wait for the new bond SMP to come out but as others have mentioned it doesn't even have wave details and doesn't look very sophisticated.

Think I'm gonna go with an original SMP instead. It's a shame - I reckon black contrasts better with stainless steel. But I don't like Omega's current black non-bond SMP dial (don't like the bezel and hour markers compared to the bond).

I know, I was tempted to get one of these but the picture put me off. Would love to see a genuine one like you did b16a2, but I've never managed to see one myself. I'd wait for the new bond SMP to come out but as others have mentioned it doesn't even have wave details and doesn't look very sophisticated.

Think I'm gonna go with an original SMP instead. It's a shame - I reckon black contrasts better with stainless steel. But I don't like Omega's current black non-bond SMP dial (don't like the bezel and hour markers compared to the bond).

I think this looks really goood, don't you think?

take a look

The designer over at Omega needs to take the Submariner poster off the ceiling above his bed and stick with what he's got. It's fine the way it is.

Yes - if I want black I take the Submariner any time. But the original blue wave SMP is the best that Omega ever came out with and they should keep that design.

Don't care much for the newer coaxial's though, its a finicky movement and expensive to fix with no real upside to it.

Tried on the Gen tonight. All black wave dial automatic (Not the poopy Bond model) Exactly like the classic SMP but in all Black. Awesome watch in person!!! They just got in in today and only got one from Omega.

I think this looks really goood, don't you think?

take a look

That one is not too bad. The price is not too bad for a 21J but I have no idea who that seller is so I wouldn't take the chance. As always the pearl is terrible and the bracelet looks pretty bad too. Overall though I like it a lot better than the Silix one.

Edited by pilotwatch

That one is not too bad. The price is not too bad for a 21J but I have no idea who that seller is so I wouldn't take the chance. As always the pearl is terrible and the bracelet looks pretty bad too. Overall though I like it a lot better than the Silix one.

Hi PilotWatch, the web belongs to a CQOut seller called tonyxkf. I've dealt with him many times and have never been dissapointed. I think I'll give this watch a try.

DSC00471.jpg

Jesus, H.O.T

So I take it now that the black Bond SMP with black wave detail is confirmed to no longer be a fantasy model. Is this a new model just released by Omega? And therefore the Quantum of Solace one is just a limited edition? If so this is great news. Maybe a better rep than the one posted above will surface and from dealers other than IdolReplica.

Nope, this is genuine, and the one that I saw in an AD a few days ago. It looks like the 007 ltd ed will get a flat black dial and horrible seconds hand, whilst the standard version gets the wave dial and more simple seconds hand.....still prefer the orginal Bond SMP though!

Nope, this is genuine, and the one that I saw in an AD a few days ago. It looks like the 007 ltd ed will get a flat black dial and horrible seconds hand, whilst the standard version gets the wave dial and more simple seconds hand.....still prefer the orginal Bond SMP though!

Well, they don't have this one in France neither on the omega site.

Maybe it's only for the US, anyway, this is the one I was waiting for.

@ fakemaster

Yes I agree with you, that's a direct threat to Rolex.

I'm surprised they didn't before.

Well, they don't have this one in France neither on the omega site.

Maybe it's only for the US, anyway, this is the one I was waiting for.

@ fakemaster

Yes I agree with you, that's a direct threat to Rolex.

I'm surprised they didn't before.

I'm based in the UK, so it's definitely coming to Europe too.

I don't think it will be much of a threat to Rolex, I feel people buy Rolex's for two reasons

a) because it is the first thing that they think of when it comes to wealth (sort of ingrained in their mindset)

B) or they have a genuine passion for the Rolex brand (due to the older subs etc..).

I therefore think that a black SMP wouldn't really threaten the Rolex market of Subs, because they are aimed at very different sub-markets.

I'm based in the UK, so it's definitely coming to Europe too.

I don't think it will be much of a threat to Rolex, I feel people buy Rolex's for two reasons

a) because it is the first thing that they think of when it comes to wealth (sort of ingrained in their mindset)

B) or they have a genuine passion for the Rolex brand (due to the older subs etc..).

I therefore think that a black SMP wouldn't really threaten the Rolex market of Subs, because they are aimed at very different sub-markets.

My mistake, god save the queen...

Statistically you are totally right, for the whole world that's the first watch a man buy when he can afford it.

Probably written in mind as you said.

It's a classic like a Porsche 911, some modifications appears in time but the original spirit stay.

That's wasn't true for the SMP maybe that's the point.

But things changes, even if it takes a lot of time.

As Michelangelo paint it in the expulsion of paradise, nothing lasts eternally :)