When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So.. help me out here.. 000 or 005?

V

So I have a 1:1 H series case, a 1:1 cg, Swiss Unitas etc...

I thought initially to buy a gen 000 or 005 and PVD it.. but let see if there is a decent rep alternative..

Which one of the two has better parts in the market at the moment?

I only want the dial and the caseback.. Any help would be appreciated :D

the PAM master needs help...

like Balki from the Perfect Strangers would say..."get out of the town!"...

P.S.

I have no idea who has the best and most accurate spare parts...but somehow I suppose the final answer will be DSN!

You're joking right???

BLASPHEMY!!! Espev\cially in K's thread :D;):p

:D

Hehehe.. I don't have any problem with 'some' of his parts.. ;)

Plus since I bought my gen 112 I lost what's going on on the rep market so I am as newbie as anyone else :p

Fgd and Pamman will probably know but I thougth to put it here for the discussion..

BTW.. Another option is now that the guarantee of my 112 will finish (in a month) I can make a full SPARE 1:1 PVD case kit (case-cg-crown-crystal, and put the movement/dial/hands and caseback of my gen in it and change them back to the gen polished according to my taste.. ;)

BTW.. Another option is now that the guarantee of my 112 will finish (in a month) I can make a full SPARE 1:1 PVD case kit (case-cg-crown-crystal, and put the movement/dial/hands and caseback of my gen in it and change them back to the gen polished according to my taste.. ;)

And we thought the strap-changing addiction was bad... :laugh:

V,

I know you read my case back and movement comparison, below is a link to refresh. The dealer on iOffer is named tos and his store's name is MAXXWATCH. Can't wait to see the finished product! :D

Comparison Link

I've read it Jay.. although there is no mentioning of 000 or 005 :p

Do anyone thinks it is crazy to do the swap?

V - I think the best chance of rep satisfaction is with an 004 or an 009 - especially with a 004 as you can get a correct case back with millesimation and OP number and as you have a base already might complement nicely.

With your 1:1 CG you have, a Pre-V 202/A or a Pre-A 009 would be special - you just need to obtain the best dial possible.

I think case set , case back and of course straps - are well within the realms of possibility to source.

Just my 2 pence!!!

Cheers

:fish:

I've read it Jay.. although there is no mentioning of 000 or 005 :p

Do anyone thinks it is crazy to do the swap?

No, I don't think that it's crazy to swap. I have a gen 'long arrow' 005 and a spare Jimmy Fu case and I've considered the same PVD move. I also have a genuine crown and a gen F series CG which is correct for the 195 so I could create an accurate 195, sans the caseback.

As far as accuracy for rep 000 or 005 parts - I consider the 000 dial to be better than the standard rep 005 bacause the logo is correct. However the logo style caseback is fairly accurate but the H0016/1000 is not correct for either the 005 or the 000. It should be Hxxx/800 for the 000 or Hxxxx/1200 for the 005. Davidsen's 005 dial is terrible - the font's wrong and the logo is grossly oversized, so on balance try to find a rep 000 dial and the matching caseback. Start looking soon as the 000 is out of production and becoming another grail rep.

V - I think the best chance of rep satisfaction is with an 004 or an 009 - especially with a 004 as you can get a correct case back with millesimation and OP number and as you have a base already might complement nicely.

With your 1:1 CG you have, a Pre-V 202/A or a Pre-A 009 would be special - you just need to obtain the best dial possible.

I think case set , case back and of course straps - are well within the realms of possibility to source.

Just my 2 pence!!!

Cheers

:fish:

So I guess that both 000 and 005 are not quite good.. Especially the 005 which I prefered.

So I think that if I decide to do that I should get a Pre-V caseset and do the 202/A.

I just wanted to use the case I already had..

I am still debating on if i should use my 112 insides and put them in a 1:1 perfect outside... :rolleyes:

V - I just don't think that there is a good enough 005 dial at the moment and the 000 is very hard to find - Gen would be the only sure fire way for an 005.

005 Dial

Wrong Logo

Wrong A's

Shallow numerals and indices

000 Dial

Wrong A's

Wrong Logo

Straight leg R's

IMHO -

V - I just don't think that there is a good enough 005 dial at the moment and the 000 is very hard to find - Gen would be the only sure fire way for an 005.

005 Dial

Wrong Logo

Wrong A's

Shallow numerals and indices

000 Dial

Wrong A's

Wrong Logo

Straight leg R's

IMHO -

Get a 010D in a PVD case. DSN's dial is really good, good PVD case, and he has the correct case back. I have thinking of this combo for a while now, and feel it might warrant the effort.

Don't really like white dial Pams.. I had a 99,9% franken 003 but I sold it because it didn't got any wrist time...

But you have just reminded me of the other minor flaw - the gen from G series had L SWISS MADE L and never L SWISS L.

FGD

I think that not all H series were L SWISS MADE L - certainly the majority are but it would appear that at least the early examples of the H series had L SWISS L. The H series caseback is 0016/1000 so L SWISS L may be OK.

I think that not all H series were L SWISS MADE L - certainly the majority are but it would appear that at least the early examples of the H series had L SWISS L. The H series caseback is 0016/1000 so L SWISS L may be OK.

Excellent news PAMman ...just never seen any pics of anything except L SWISS MADE L ...

I am "feeling" my 000 Logo Base more now ...especially with the right CG and an incoming master re-lume / new crown !!

FGD