When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Vintage VDB Pannys

Virgil Hilts

Here are some pics of my shiny old vintage 6152-1 Pannys. Just got 'em today. Overall, I'm very happy. VDB does fantastic work. The vintagizing (yeah, it's a word now) is top-notch, especially the dials. I love the aged brown on the Luminor. The MM has a Mod. Dep. buckle. And of course, vintage leather straps, nice and thick.

The movement in the Luminor is a genuine Cortebert with re-engraved bridge. Works great. Runs like a top.

As for disappointments, I'm a little disappointed with the crown guards not having the "peak" on the inside of the top. The MM crown guard is way too thin. And the font on the display-back bezel is pretty bad, as is the engraving. Hoping to work those out - if anyone has better vintage crown guards, please let me know. And the solid case-back was supposed to be engraved, which I'm sure was just an oversight I'm sure we can sort out.

I can't recommend VDB highly enough. Bit of a language barrier, but his work is spectacular.

Hope you enjoy the pics. Comments and suggestions always welcome.

BothVintagePannys.jpg

LuminorVintageFront.jpg

MMVintageFront.jpg

VintageLuminorMovement.jpg

mmback.jpg

ModDep.jpg

Can you PM or email me some more info. I am making a custom watch similar to the one on the left and am looking for someone to do some vintage work.

Thanks

PM me with your questions and I'll be glad to give you whatever information I can. VDBroucke, a member here did the work. He's very good.

Pretty unique timepieces. Even if vintage is not my cup of tea, they made me drool.

And yes, that buckle there, it is a colpo da maestro.

• 2 weeks later...