When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling SFSO - Asian 21J from Narikka

blade007

Hi,

Just seen a Breitling SFSO - Asian 21J that Narikka brought back from his trip to the far east. Here is a little description on the watch:

MAKE: BREITLING

MODEL: STEELFISH-SUPEROCEAN

CASE FINISH: Polished and Brushed SS Case, .

MOVEMENT : Asian 21,000bph automatic

FUNCTIONS: Hours...minutes...seconds... / Date.

DATE DISPLAY:@ 3

HELIUM RELEASE VALVE:Fully functional

DIAMETER : 43.78mm

CASE DEPTH:17.15mm

WEIGHT: 207 grms

MATERIAL: Unibloc construction / 316 L stainless steel.

CASEBACK: Solid / fully engraved

CROWN: Screw-down fitted with 'O' ring.

FRONT GLASS : Mineral glass with simplex AR

WATER RESISTANT : Yes.

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage....6&selected=

A few questions if you guys dont mind:

Does anyone have this version from Narikka?

Any flaws?

What is the quality like?

Is mineral crystal with simplex AR any good?

Overall, Narikka's price for the watch is very good and from the pics I received it does look ok. I dont expect a uber-super-rep...

HMM: it seems the seconds hand is completly the wrong type.. anyone?

Thanks

Edited by blade007

Hi,

Just seen a Breitling SFSO - Asian 21J that Narikka brought back from his trip to the far east. Here is a little description on the watch:

MAKE: BREITLING

MODEL: STEELFISH-SUPEROCEAN

CASE FINISH: Polished and Brushed SS Case, .

MOVEMENT : Asian 21,000bph automatic

FUNCTIONS: Hours...minutes...seconds... / Date.

DATE DISPLAY:@ 3

HELIUM RELEASE VALVE:Fully functional

DIAMETER : 43.78mm

CASE DEPTH:17.15mm

WEIGHT: 207 grms

MATERIAL: Unibloc construction / 316 L stainless steel.

CASEBACK: Solid / fully engraved

CROWN: Screw-down fitted with 'O' ring.

FRONT GLASS : Mineral glass with simplex AR

WATER RESISTANT : Yes.

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage....6&selected=

A few questions if you guys dont mind:

Does anyone have this version from Narikka?

Any flaws?

What is the quality like?

Is mineral crystal with simplex AR any good?

Overall, Narikka's price for the watch is very good and from the pics I received it does look ok. I dont expect a uber-super-rep...

HMM: it seems the seconds hand is completly the wrong type.. anyone?

Thanks

Seconds hand is new for 2008.

block type was replaced for the arrow type,

There was a thread a while ago about these. From memory there are some differences to the classic one we all love (and most of us own). The biggest difference I remember was the bezel engravings didn't appear as sharp. Your best

bet would be to find the old thread.

Yup! I've got this exact watch from Narikaa!

I wanted the white one, but was sold out so I got the black one.

For the price, I think it is very good.

Dial is as good as the ETA version, lume dots are cleaner and tidier than the ETA version (I used have a blue dial ETA version). The hour hand is slightly longer tha it should be though.

Bezel is fine, ok not as well finished as it should be, but it is certainly not cheap & nasty. The Pearl is cast within the rider tab and the lume looks ok. It even has the glass top!

Crystal - yup its sapphire. It looks like it has a very light AR coating - better than the rep Navitimer, though it does need the full double AR to look gen.

Case & caseback- as exact as you want, to be honest. It looks as good as the ETA version. The HEV moves in and out if you press it. Might be a source of water ingress? The Manufacture code is also present between the front strap lugs!

Movt - as described in the stats. Never missed a beat and very accurate so far! The crown winds easily and screw thread is smooth. Classic "B" logo is well defined.

Bracelet - I can honestly say that the bracelet is better than the one that was on the ETA version! The links glide and swivel very smoothly, clasp is very well finished and stamped. Logos are very well defined and even.

The only Tells on this watch are:

AR

Hour hand

Date font

Gap between top link and solid end link

For the money, I would highly recommend this model. I'm very pleased with mine. I don't often say that with reps, but this is a keeper!

even Narikka himself has not replied to this thread to let us know of the quality of his goods.. how odd.

I guess I wouldnt be buying this watch afterall

Hi i have dealt with Narikka a couple times his helpfulness is second to none goes out his way to answer all questions even if they seem silly one top bloke try emailing him for any any questions you have.

I think he has a life outside RWG and cant answer all posts

Cheers Del

Quick & dirty pics for the said watch :D

[

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

oh yeah the date window is as big as the ETA version

That must be one of the best Breitling casebacks I have seen. ( you sure thats a rep ?)

I have both the ETA black and white dial, and the "engraving" appears etched.

Even the bracelet has the model depose script instead of the English version.

This compares better with the gen caseback even on the windrider chronomat gt. (gen ).

thanks for the replies guys. Importr you have a very nice watch mate.. thanks for sharing the pics. It really puts things into perspective..

A few questions friends...

* AR - Narika says the watch has AR..

* Hour hand - It appears the hr hand on the gen is much shorter, it doesnt cover the inner ring letters like it does with the rep

Date font - I am font blind I guess, can never tell the diff

Gap between top link and solid end link - please can you explain

Overall, I think the hr hand lenghth is the biggest tell on this watch... any thoughts?

thanks for the replies guys. Importr you have a very nice watch mate.. thanks for sharing the pics. It really puts things into perspective..

A few questions friends...

* AR - Narika says the watch has AR..

* Hour hand - It appears the hr hand on the gen is much shorter, it doesnt cover the inner ring letters like it does with the rep

Date font - I am font blind I guess, can never tell the diff

Gap between top link and solid end link - please can you explain

Overall, I think the hr hand lenghth is the biggest tell on this watch... any thoughts?

Yes it is a bargain!

AR - It looks like it has light single sided AR inside only.

Hour hand - true it is longer on the rep, though it is only when the hour hand is over the 24hr numbers. Most people would never know though

Gap - the gen bracelet has the same gap between all of the links. This rep bracelet, the last link to end link has a slightly bigger gap. Noticeable if

its lying flat on the table, but not so much when on your wrist...

Oh yeah I think Silix has the same asian 21j for sale - so if you want more pics...

Edited by Importr

importr, thanks for the pics again mate, the watch does look very nice. I think a white version on a leather strap might take care of the link gap..

gonna check out silix... does anyone from UK have any experience of ordering from silix?

You're welcome :D

Yes I'm in UK and I've ordered from Silix in the past. What is it that you need to know?

I had a flawless experience, so in that respect. No problems at all.

You're welcome :D

Yes I'm in UK and I've ordered from Silix in the past. What is it that you need to know?

I had a flawless experience, so in that respect. No problems at all.

mate, I couldnt find that watch on silix website. do you have a link please? maybe i just missed it!

I have some concerns re delivery etc. did you have any customs issues?

even Narikka himself has not replied to this thread to let us know of the quality of his goods.. how odd.

I guess I wouldnt be buying this watch afterall

Just what reply were you anticipating

You contact me get all the specs, immediately regurgitate them here and ask for opinions

Do you think Im about to opine over my own specs :rolleyes:

This model is well known on the forums and many member now have them

Fortunately I am long since sold out

You contact me get all the specs, immediately regurgitate them here and ask for opinions

Do you think Im about to opine over my own specs :rolleyes:

This model is well known on the forums and many member now have them

Fortunately I am long since sold out

Hiya narikka,

Thanks for your reply buddy. i hope you havent got the wrong end of the stick. My post here was simply to see how the watch compares to the gen. It wasnt to validate if your spec was "overhyped".. The watch in your stock might be perfect (crdit to you), but it might be miles away from the gen item.

Again i am aware that on

post-9647-1215267255_thumb.jpg

post-9647-1215267158_thumb.jpg

Narikaa sells great value for the price, but still the swiss version is a better quality, probabbly we first should compare the asian rep to the swiss rep version before jumping to the gen.

Seems that this one does not have the long hour hand problem.

Narikaa sells great value for the price, but still the swiss version is a better quality, probabbly we first should compare the asian rep to the swiss rep version before jumping to the gen.

Seems that this one does not have the long hour hand problem.

I thought that the asian and the swiss SFSO had the same case and dial?

E.