When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Perfect Yachtmaster? What is it?

MimiSars

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...products_id=852

SPECIAL MODIFICATIONS DONE

This "PERFECT" YachtMaster Rolesium is specially sent for FULL SERVICE whereby the entire movement is completely overhauled, reassembled, serviced and re-lubricated with Swiss imported lubricants and the timing calibration adjusted to +/- 5 seconds per day (COSC Standards)

Additional Seals and gaskets are added and watch is pressure tested to 5 bars and tested to 50m waterproof

All of the above works are carried out by Swiss Trained Technicians

compared to this

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...products_id=853

Im not sure if the exter 100+ is worth it for the Rolesium. I need to get a new watch but Im confused. Also, is only the "PERFECT" waterproofed?

They're both very bad replicas. There's absolutely nothing "perfect" on those watches. The wokky, zero thickness rehaut screams fake.

Andrew used to sell the $78 variation of the Noob Yachtie, which was 100X times more accurate than these. bklm1234, Eurotimez and Narikaa still sell it (as far as I know). I thought Andrew did too, but maybe he's out of stock.

Here is my review of that model. It's available with ETA as well.

Stay the hell away from all those "perfect" models, they're horrible.

Happy hunting!

They're both very bad replicas. There's absolutely nothing "perfect" on those watches. The wokky, zero thickness rehaut screams fake.

Andrew used to sell the $78 variation of the Noob Yachtie, which was 100X times more accurate than these. bklm1234, Eurotimez and Narikaa still sell it (as far as I know). I thought Andrew did too, but maybe he's out of stock.

Here is my review of that model. It's available with ETA as well.

Stay the hell away from all those "perfect" models, they're horrible.

Happy hunting!

Can you recommend a accurate yachtmaster with swiss movement? Im a big yachtmaster fan and I just messed up my other one in case you didnt see my thread on "How to disassemble rolex". Thanks for letting me know.

BTW the link is broken.

Edited by MimiSars

Can you recommend a accurate yachtmaster with swiss movement?

Did you read my reply at all? I just recommend one.

How on earth I could possibly be more detailed than that?

I'm really starting to like the yachties especially after playing with the SS/Platinum at the AD. Then a nice presidential with glacier blue dial :Jumpy: and a solid gold sub. Had fun that day. (wonder if that guy actually thought I was serious)

Is there any rep YM with platinum plating on them?

And there are no solid WG or solid platinum on the gens except for that monstrosity YMII correct?

Got a Noob YM last week.

YMWood5.jpg

That is sexy! Are the movements of the Gen Swiss different from the Asian? I mean, is it noticeable?

I highly recommend the BK YM, can't speak for the others, but the BK is fantastic, especially with his custom made smaller, more accurate crowns. I'm wearing mine as I type this and couldn't be happier with the purchase.

He's all out :(

• 1 month later...
Is it just me or does the dial on the noob YM lack a certain "shine"? I've been looking at other YM reps for a possible dial swap. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Even the so called "perfect" YM dial lacks that certain shine. The updated dial from Angus looks really nice on picture. I just sent him an email to see if I could buy one.

I have been staring at photos of Gen YM from various websites. Does anyone notice that the "swiss made" on the dial is sometimes very close to each other and on some gen photos the two words are further apart. Even on the Rolex website, they have two different pictures. On the Panorama, it shows the "swiss" and "made" are further apart but on other pictures they're very close apart.

Also, what is the real rehaut thickness of these watches? Some members in this forum have stated that they are not supposed to be as deep. On some gen photos they don't look as deep as the sub, but on some others, they look as deep as a sub.

The "perfect" version from Trusty (which is the one I have) is not so deep...

Rehaut thickness is not the same thing as rehaut depth.

Thickness refers to this area (red arrows), which is very characteristic Rolex look on all genuine Sports Rolexes.

Pic of a gen GMT Master II.

3d_3.jpg

"Perfect" Yacht-Master lacks this detail, it doesn't have ANY rehaut thickness at all. This particular area is amazingly thick on the genuine SeaDweller, and the "Super SeaDweller" rep looks nothing like the gen in this regard... it completely kills the rep, and makes that overhyped replica below average Rolex rep in my eyes.

Same thing with the wokky "Perfect YM". Horrible replica, which just screams fake.

That detail looks very good on the Noobfactory version. Here's the one I used to own.

2-4.jpg

Here is the review. Best option from the current rep models, imho.

Rehaut thickness is not the same thing as rehaut depth.

Thickness refers to this area (red arrows), which is very characteristic Rolex look on all genuine Sports Rolexes.

Pic of a gen GMT Master II.

"Perfect" Yacht-Master lacks this detail, it doesn't have ANY rehaut thickness at all. This particular area is amazingly thick on the genuine SeaDweller, and the "Super SeaDweller" rep looks nothing like the gen in this regard... it completely kills the rep, and makes that overhyped replica below average Rolex rep in my eyes.

Same thing with the wokky "Perfect YM". Horrible replica, which just screams fake.

That detail looks very good on the Noobfactory version. Here's the one I used to own.

Here is the review. Best option from the current rep models, imho.

Thanks for the info By-Tor. I should've read up on these before I went and made the purchase. Oh well....no use cyring over spilled milk. I guess there's nothing more to do now but just enjoy what I have....

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...