When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 dial comparison v1 and v2

rhes4

I have IWC 3717 v1 and v2 sitting around so I just going to do the comparison between them. v2 on left and v1 on the right for first pic and second and for third pics v2 on the right and v1 on the left. Also I lost the 9 o'clock marker on v1 dial.

img0694pw7.jpg

img0696es6.jpg

img0702fb3.jpg

First difference is the lume, v2 dial have lume on all the no and 12,3,6,9 markers and the lume is blue where v1 dial has lume on 12,3,6,9 markers only and the lume is green. The v1 is closer to genuine dial. A few peoples saying that the v2 have thinner markers on 12,3,6,9 but the truth is there is no diferentce in thickness of the markers, it looks thinner because the side of the markers is black instead of white like the one in v1.

Another difference that I found is the subdial rings on the v2 is wrong. 12 and 6 subdial has very large ring and the groove on the is very shallow compare to v1. I'm not sure if this only happens to my one. So can someone with v2 dial reconfirm this.

Also I have another 3717 dial modded by The Zigmeister so when I receive them I will do another lume comparison.

Thanks for the interesting info and comparison. Many people have commented on the inaccuracy of the v2 dial. I have the v1 3717 with an eta swap, datewheel swap, double ar, relume and an HKtan custom strap. The Zigmeister is not booking until closer to the end of the year, but I am planning to send him the watch so he can fix the raised hour markers. He has a new process to thin the markers, then reapply the lume. I hope that is what you are getting done. Here is my 3717 as it stands:

3717-2.jpg

3717-3.jpg

That is interesting... I've got a 3717 coming from Ruby, whom was reportedly shipping out version 2 with the lumed numbers, however in the pictures she's sent me, the subdials are very clearly recessed a la version 1...it should be here any day now, so I'll post when it arrives....

From repgeek someone already confirm that subdial of v2 and v1 is the same. I think my one is a defect. So the difference between them is only the lume around the numbers. Also the font is all clear white it is only the lightning that makes the difference but it is actually the same colour. I hope I receive the dial from The Zigmeister next week so I can finish my 3717.

From repgeek someone already confirm that subdial of v2 and v1 is the same. I think my one is a defect. So the difference between them is only the lume around the numbers. Also the font is all clear white it is only the lightning that makes the difference but it is actually the same colour. I hope I receive the dial from ziggy next week so I can finish my 3717.

You can clearly see thaty V1 has recessed subdils and V2 does not in the photo below

img0702fb3.jpg