When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

mega Super-rep thread

blade007

Hiya guys,

As we often come across the overused, over hyped and sometimes overpriced use of the term Super-rep, I thought it would be great to get a thread going to compile a list of all our fav super-reps. Price is no object..

B0000AAJVT.01-A293Q5VQLXBUWR.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

What would you deem worthy of this list?

1) Breitling Aeromarine Superocean Steelfish

220679-14598.jpg

(Pugwash's pic )

Edited by blade007

I have seen or owned a number of really nice reps over the years, some truly amazing in their detail or replication of a complicated design/feature. But using my definition of super rep (a rep which, out-of-the-box, is nearly indistinguishable from the gen & goes beyond merely matching a gen's appearance/features, actually providing a glimpse into that elusive tactile experience of handling a genuine high quality luxury watch), there is only 1 replica watch which merits the title of Super Rep.............

The (Correct Hand Stack) Rolex 116710LN GMT-Master II Ceramic

116710LN20211.jpg

anothersunday0181.jpg

lobbsrolex0201.jpg

While not perfect by any means (the date font is inaccurate, the index markers not quite as wide as the gen's, the rehaut etching is not quite as precise, the bezel intermittently resets .5mm off from its proper null position, etc.), but its minor sins err more on the side of omission than commission & they are truly overshadowed by the watch's resplendent grandeur. A classic. A legend. A true Super Rep.

I can only speak of what I have in my collection, but.........

Eddie Lee PAM127.

Chronomat Evoloution

SteelFish SuperOcean

MBW vintage.

Soon I will hopefully have myself an AP ROO. Just waiting for the prices to cool off like they always do, and to see some longevity reports on the movements, then a Safari will be mine. :)