When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sometimes cheaper is better!

dippy

So I just got home from a local island enjoying the beach, fun, and sun. I recently purchased an asian SFSO from a well respected member here and decided "what the hell"; I'd go wear it into the water. I soundly affirm that this is still one of the best reps made, I've owned 3 and all have amazed me!

2008_0626Gracie0008.jpg

2008_0626Gracie0009.jpg

So I wear it in the shower, no problems noted.....................

I took it into the pool, again no issues down to 10 feet. I even loosened the crown a tiny bit just to tease on the watches demise. Still tight as a virgin..........................

So came time to do the ultimate, put it into the Gulf of Mexico with waves a crashing. I was truly amazed!!!!! Not an issue one!

2008_0626Gracie0029.jpg

2008_0626Gracie0030.jpg

I paid a little over $100 for this thing and it withstands the elements. I paid $400 for my iphone, it died the second I touched water?!?! <_< Just goes to show that sometimes cheaper is better!

Guest carlsbadrolex

A great post from a great member! Its good to be reminded of this every once in awhile.

Its not always necessary to drop $300-$600 to get a good watch!

Yknow I forget exactly where i read it, but I think all replicas are made in asia, something along those lines... but some have swiss eta movement, albeit made by the japanese. I have yet to try a rep in water, and thank GOODNESS i found out the crown had one more spot to screw in a little further, otherwise this thing would be demolished.

Hey dippy that's awesome. I have the same white dial asian SFSO that I bought from a member for less than $100. It's a tank and one of my favorites. Lume on it is actually better than my swiss one. Lack of AR on the white dial asian version is almost not noticable. Great value in this one.

So came time to do the ultimate, put it into the Gulf of Mexico with waves a crashing. I was truly amazed!!!!! Not an issue one!

2008_0626Gracie0030.jpg

I paid a little over $100 for this thing and it withstands the elements. I paid $400 for my iphone, it died the second I touched water?!?! <_< Just goes to show that sometimes cheaper is better!

Quite agree Dippy

Took my Noob to Mexico earlier this month which was also just over that $100 mark, from chris at eurotimez

p6062453ji1.jpg

It to was luvin that gulf water. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

ST4

Not too long ago, I walked into a Rolex/Omega AD while wearing my blue Asian SFSO ....Almost immediately, the store manager offered me $1000.00 in trade for it on any watch in the store...And...he looked close too!!

Needless to say, I politely declined and changed the subject...

But I have owned 3 of these over the past year, and each one has been excellent...The blue one turnd out to be my

"keeper", and I can't imagine EVER parting with it!!

On the burgundy padded strap, it is striking!!

IMG_6943.jpg:rolleyes: :rolleyes: