When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMTIIC Owners - What is the state of your rep?

freddy333

How is your GMTIIC doing?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which movement do you have?

• Correct Hand Stack (Swiss ETA)
    • Incorrect Hand Stack (Swiss ETA)
    • Incorrect Hand Stack (Asian ETA)
  2. 2. What state is your CHS watch in?

• Ok.
    • Running, but with minor problems.
    • Dead.
    • Being returned for repair or exchange.
    • Null (if you have an IHS, but are forced to click 1 of these, click here)
  3. 3. What state is your IHS watch in?

• Ok.
    • Running, but with minor problems.
    • Dead.
    • Being returned for repair or exchange.
    • Null (if you have an CHS, but are forced to click 1 of these, click here)

Guest carlsbadrolex

Mine still runs +2sec per day some days and others -1 or 2. It is +4sec over a period of about three weeks.

It is my most accurate time keeper also.

T

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

My CHS Swiss ETA ordered on 19th June, arrived 26th June and sent back 28th June, still being repaired :(

The GMT, hour and minute hands would randomly stop but the seconds hand would continue sweeping round

Also, the alignment of the GMT hand would drift so that it was out by either 15 or 30 minutes, moving the crown to the third position and winding forward a couple of days woud re-align it but it would then just drift again :(

When it comes back I'll start looking for a movement swap alternative for it, no more GMT reps for me :(

• 2 weeks later...
I find that on both my Asian and "Swiss" versions, the watch will just stop for a period of 5 to 10 minutes, then start going again on its own. It's very random. It usually happens at night. Sometimes not. It's happens on some days and not at all on others. Needless to say, I'm always checking it against my cell phone clock or pc clock to make sure it is correct. Maybe its a dirty and dry movement. The wierd thing is, it keeps great time in between stopages. Anyone else having this problem?

I do get the same problem with my asian. Sometimes it stop and then move again. Just got mine from Trsuty about few days ago. When i don't use it, it works fine but if i use then it will stop for a while than i will shake it and it move again. Im just wondering what is the problem. Any idea?

I do get the same problem with my asian. Sometimes it stop and then move again. Just got mine from Trsuty about few days ago. When i don't use it, it works fine but if i use then it will stop for a while than i will shake it and it move again. Im just wondering what is the problem. Any idea?

Did you tried this test: Manually full wind it (40- turn) at EACH morning before put it on your wrist, check after one week if you have the same problem, if yes, return it to Trusty.

Did you tried this test: Manually full wind it (40- turn) at EACH morning before put it on your wrist, check after one week if you have the same problem, if yes, return it to Trusty.

THats what trusty told me to do. Well see how it runs this few days. If the problem still there then will return to trusty back.

Do not wind it every day. Wind it once, 40 turns, then set it down on a table & leave it along for about 2 days. Check it periodically & if it has stopped before 36 hours, send it back or have it serviced (whichever you & the collector decide to do). If the watch is still running & keeping proper time (+/- 10 secs/day), that is within acceptable limits.

A small dab of Loctite blue will keep the bracelet screw in its place.

Try pulling the stem all the way out to the 2nd stop (time-setting position) & slowly turn the hands through a complete 24-hour cycle (2 times around the dial). Then press the stem into the 1st position (GMT hand-setting) & if the hand moves, also turn it through a complete 24-hour cycle. Press the stem back in & test. If it works, do not use or move the GMT hand again.

What is wrong with the clasp (it helps to include a good, clear picture or 2)?

I have had two Swiss IHS . The first one leaked and the second one had the gmt hand stop and then started keeping inaccurate time. Should I exchange again or just get watch serviced instead? If so any suggestions for servicing? Also does the eta 2893-2 fit, if so where is a good source for one?

Thanks

Do not wind it every day. Wind it once, 40 turns, then set it down on a table & leave it along for about 2 days. Check it periodically & if it has stopped before 36 hours, send it back or have it serviced (whichever you & the collector decide to do). If the watch is still running & keeping proper time (+/- 10 secs/day), that is within acceptable limits.

Actually the watch keep good timing. It already run 24hrs without wearing and going well. Only when i wear it sometimes it will stop moving. I really don't know what is wrong with it. Maybe the rotor?

A small dab of Loctite blue will keep the bracelet screw in its place.

Try pulling the stem all the way out to the 2nd stop (time-setting position) & slowly turn the hands through a complete 24-hour cycle (2 times around the dial). Then press the stem into the 1st position (GMT hand-setting) & if the hand moves, also turn it through a complete 24-hour cycle. Press the stem back in & test. If it works, do not use or move the GMT hand again.

What is wrong with the clasp (it helps to include a good, clear picture or 2)?

Actually its the rotor screw that backed out twice. I'll source some loctite.

I'm on my laptop, don't have my pic files handy, but I'll try my best to describe my clasp problem.

The bracelet attaches to the clasp via two welded (?) pieces, one of which the bracelet screw passes through and threads into the other.

It appears as if the weld was defective, as the piece the screw passes through simply became detached.

At any rate, Andrew was quite good about it really, and sent me a new assembly, for which I am grateful.

As for the dreaded lifeless GMT hand...

I pulled the crown out to the second position, and ever so gently turned it as if to set the date. Just as I noticed the date wheel starting to turn, I pushed the crown back in, and, well what do you know, the GMT hand is reborn.

Lets see how long it lasts.

I've wind the watch but this time it only last about 12hrs and stop without wearing it. Then i wind again to about 40rounds and wear it but it last only about 2hrs++. Keep winding again and again but the watch keep stopping for about 15 to 30mins time. The best thing is i notice that whenever the watch stop working the sec hand will stop at 40min marker. Is it something wrong with the movement? I've already email trusty about this problem just waiting what his decision. Replace or service i just don;t know bcos i just don't want to spend much more money on shipping cost.

Mine (ICHS) would stop periodically when worn. A servicing eliminated the problem and it now keeps perfect time. It also "solved" my stopping GMT hand problem. The caveat there is that if I mess with the GMT hand or even reset the time, the GMT hand may stop, so I have to try one of the tricks repeated in this thread. Once the GMT hand starts moving again, it will work perfectly as long as i don't mess with the crown. Prior to servicing, none of these tricks would work for any significant length of time.

I've been concerned about the clasp failing one day, but in a different place: the actual closing mechanism where the two hooks meet. The reason is that the genuine clasp flexes quite a bit to make the two pieces glide effortlessly over each other, but the rep version barely flexes at all unless you consciously make it do so. So when I open and close it now, I make sure pull up on the end of the clasp while pushing down on the bottom part of the clasp to force it to flex as it is designed to do. Then the two pieces don't have to slide over each other.

i notice that whenever the watch stop working the sec hand will stop at 40min marker. Is it something wrong with the movement?

If the hand always stops at the same spot on the dial, then it is probably coming into contact with the dial marker or 1 of the other hands (if there is another hand above or below the second hand when it stops). If you look at the watch from different angles, you should be able to see what it is running into. The hand may be loose or it may have been installed incorrectly, but either is a quick fix for a watchmaker. But I would ask the seller what he wants you to do.

If the hand always stops at the same spot on the dial, then it is probably coming into contact with the dial marker or 1 of the other hands (if there is another hand above or below the second hand when it stops). If you look at the watch from different angles, you should be able to see what it is running into. The hand may be loose or it may have been installed incorrectly, but either is a quick fix for a watchmaker. But I would ask the seller what he wants you to do.

Yeah i've already ask Trusty about this. Will wait for his reply. Thanks alot bro

• 3 weeks later...

I have a IHS from PT about three or four weeks ago with eta movement, still running strong and keeping prefect tome. I was at the AD yesterday and the Real deal still is different than the Rep. The rehaut still is a little bit off when compare side by side, and the insert is plain crap compare to the real one.

cheers