When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The McGyver $2 crystal press.

robertb

I wanted to take the AR off my 111H so I took it apart and tried to pop the crystal with my thumbs. That sucker was in tight and wouldn't move so I went into McGyver mode! Drove down to Home Depot and came back with some goodies for plan A and plan B.

035-1.jpg

Here is the victim, my 111H with crappy single AR that is so strong and opaque that it's hard to see the dial.

038-1.jpg

Plan A:

040-1.jpg

041-1.jpg

046-2.jpg

047-2.jpg

043-1.jpg

Abracadabra... alakazam....

044-2.jpg

045-1.jpg

So easy a caveman could do it! Took the AR off and pressed it back in with my fingers but if I needed a press there was always plan B. :lol:

Ehhhh.... You guys don't want to see what I use as a crystal press! Far, far more archaic than that!

:p

Something old, something gen, something gold perhaps? ;)

My own DIY press comprises of the plastic inner roll of a Sellotape reel, a small relatively thin block of wood and a large-head hammer :shock::lol:

Let's also not forget the infamous HOCKEY PUCK!!!! :crazy:

The white pieces look like plumbing fixtures. I'd really like to know more about them, size, etc. I just paid a watchsmith good money to take the crystals out so that Chief could AR them. I'd rather do it myself and spend the money on other mods. As Borat would say " Very Nice".

Something old, something gen, something gold perhaps? ;)

My own DIY press comprises of the plastic inner roll of a Sellotape reel, a small relatively thin block of wood and a large-head hammer :shock::lol:

Let's also not forget the infamous HOCKEY PUCK!!!! :crazy:

AH Yes. FLB - pure comic genius !