When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMTII ceramic Asian IHS

itseme

Did you get an ASIAN or a ETA? The rotor on mine is fine and I don't hear anything from it.

Bracelet on my watch is okay, sorta right in the middle, not loose but not like my gen either. the gaps between the links are a little bigger than on my noobmariner but it's smooth and does no bind up like the noobmariner. The top & bottom side edges of the band is a little sharp on mine

My bezel doesn't have a click sound either, not sure if this is the norm

I have no idea on how to read GMT time

0. Rotor - that's asian movements for you.

1. Bracelet is nicer than any rep Rolex bracelet out there - couple of sharp edges on the fliplock clasp but otherwise nice. Even gen Rolex bracelets are nothing to write home about, always had a cheap and flimsy feel - this one is at least better.

2. No not normal - bezel should 'soft-click' into 24 distinct positions.

3. You really don't know how to read the time? Big hand and little hand? :p Ok then it depends - I have the CHS so just set the GMT hand to my local TZ (GMT as it happens though not this time of year) and adjust the hour hand according to local time when I travel. For IHS, you can either rotate the bezel to read local or home time or do so using the adj GMT hand. Really up to you and how far you're prepared to risk messing up your movt.

The GMT hand makes one rotation around the dial per 24 hour day so read GMT time based on the 24 hour bezel dial rather than the 12 hours dial. For example, if the GMT hand is pointing between 2 and 3 on the regular dial with the minute hand on the 6 it's 2:30 regular time but 5:30 GMT time.

Did you try tightening the movement holder screws? If so, and if the rotor is still coming into contact with them, I would send the watch back for repair/replacement. Period. That will cause you problems in the future.

Unless the screws are all loose in your bracelet (the screw nearest the clasp comes loose in most of these reps & should be fixed with a semi-permanent glue), the bracelet should not feel cheap or loose. The bracelet on these watches is very well done & quite similar to the gen (even down to the spring-loaded tongue in the clasp, which gives it a very luxurious feel).

You should feel the bezel clicks more than hear them, even on the gen.

Unlike the gen or chs rep, the GMT hand is independently adjustable.

Spring loaded tongue on the clasp? I don't see any spring loaded anything on my watch....

Yeah I can feel the bezel when it clicks, it's a soft click

Did you check the crystal yet? Check to see if the 3 o'clock side is even with the rest or completely flat.....if not don't get it near water and return it if you dont know how to fix it yourself! This is one major flaw as far as I'm concerned. Also watch out for that GMT hand....mine stopped working since last nite, one day after I got it!

Good luck!

Seek & ye shall find.

tongue0071.jpg

Press the levered end of the clasp in the direction of the pointer & you will feel the spring (inside the clasp).

very interesting. i had read about the spring loaded clasp but to be honest hadn't paid much attention to it. good to know even this detail was done accurately....

thanks freddy :victory:

deltatahoe

very interesting. i had read about the spring loaded clasp but to be honest hadn't paid much attention to it. good to know even this detail was done accurately....

It is these 'small' details that, for me, qualify the GMTIIC (even with all of its movement issues) as the 1st true 'Super Rep'.

Correct for a Yachtmaster but not for that.

Nope, you're wrong. The GMT IIc bezel does not make the clicking sound of a submariner or older GMT II bezel. It really doesn't make a sound other than when it locks into place at each bezel stop, which is a very subtle sound. Go to any AD and try one on. There is no room for interpretation!

Ok, common sense time! Why does everyone keep buying this model of watch with so many problems associated with it?

Just a thought <_<

Because it is sooooooooo beautiful, and near to the perfection compare to the GEN...except for his :shutup: mvt.

That remind me the IWC Porto sec@6 saga.