When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Carrera leather strap

Spy

Hi all,

I have a lovely Tag Carrera (not grand), like the Lewis Hamilton version, which I bought from John at UK Watches.

In the AD at the weekend, they had on display the same watch with the steel bracelet (like mine) and a version with a black leather strap.

The leather strap was like a racing strap, with small holes in it.

It set the watch off beautifully.

Does anyone know:

1) How much the gen strap costs ?

2) Where (and how much) I can get a non-gen strap of this ?

Thanks for your help.

I have the gen leather strap on my Carrera, it is a great strap and well worth the money.

If you don't mind, how much are these ?

I actually have two and I love them. The leather and the stitching are great and the second keeper is attached to the first, so it wont slide around..

The downside however is that you can't change the buckle since the strap has two holes side by side and not one..

p1000033yu3.jpg

(not my image; btw: this guy has obviously cut the "keepers keeper" loose, otherwise they couldn't move so far away..)

Edited by Tom Hawkes

I actually have two and I love them. The leather and the stitching are great and the second keeper is attached to the first, so it wont slide around..

The downside however is that you can't change the buckle since the strap has two holes side by side and not one..

p1000033yu3.jpg

(not my image; btw: this guy has obviously cut the "keepers keeper" loose, otherwise they couldn't move so far away..)

Thanks Tom, I think I amsold on the Di Modell strap, just need to find a UK seller for speedy delivery !

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

In the end I went with the Di Modell Rallye strap (thanks Tom).

It took a lot of effort to get the steel bracelet off the tag but I finally managed it !

Here are some photos of the Tag on a leather strap.

In my opinion, it looks much better !

1- side by side with a photo of a gen with the bracelet on:

tagonbook2mj6.th.jpg

2 - Another one with them closer:

tagonbook1no0.th.jpg

3 - Finally, a wrist shot :1a:

tagonwristdy2.th.jpg

Hi All,

In the end I went with the Di Modell Rallye strap (thanks Tom).

It took a lot of effort to get the steel bracelet off the tag but I finally managed it !

Here are some photos of the Tag on a leather strap.

In my opinion, it looks much better !

1- side by side with a photo of a gen with the bracelet on:

tagonbook2mj6.th.jpg

2 - Another one with them closer:

tagonbook1no0.th.jpg

3 - Finally, a wrist shot :1a:

tagonwristdy2.th.jpg

Hi Spy,

Hows your leather strap going. I'm shopping around for one to fit my Carrera aswell. Trying to decide between Rep Racing Leather v's Gen Racing Leather v's Di Modell Rallye.

If your reports are good with regards to the Di Modell Rallye strap then i may go for it. Let me know :D

Hi Spy,

Hows your leather strap going. I'm shopping around for one to fit my Carrera aswell. Trying to decide between Rep Racing Leather v's Gen Racing Leather v's Di Modell Rallye.

If your reports are good with regards to the Di Modell Rallye strap then i may go for it. Let me know :D

I can't comment on the gen or rep straps as I haven't actually handled them.

As regards the Di Modell, I am really happy with it. It looks and feels great. If you look further up the thread, you will see that Tom also has them on speedies and likes them too.

The only downside of the Di Modell is that it doesn't have a Tag branded buckle and you can't add one as it uses 2 tangs as opposed to the standard one.

I hope this helps.