When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW MBK AP sec. running at 12

As an MBK/MBW owner I can say only: yes, the differences are tremendous.

I'd really love to hear feedback from someone that has had both the MBW @6 and the rep @12, and hear their thoughts.

The MBW @6 I just got has to be the best finished rep I've ever had (and I've had HBB, BCE, SFSO Eta, and on and on). Might not be 100% true to gen but the quality of the finishing is amazing on par with any gen I've owned which is something lacking in most the reps I've bought even the supers.

Another waiting game...;)

I'm pretty content with the MBW @6... but I would pick up an MBW @12 once we're certian the movement is solid.

I personally know exactly 0 other people that know anything about ap roo's (that wouldn't already know about reps)and the finish is so excellent I would guess 1 of 1000 people would think its a chinese knock-off regardless of subdials.

I second that!!!!! as a mbk and chinese version owner of ROO seconds at 9 i can tell the differences are really big: finish, case back, engraved, and general feeling (you know what i mean) also the bracelet, way better

the good news: the chinese dials fit perfectly in the mbk case, but i don

I've heard that the MBK APROO secs @ 9 is amazing, but the new Chinese APROO secs @ 12 is amazing as well. Since the Chinese APROO secs @ 12 was made from a GEN CAD, which is more accurate to the gen? Awesome if the MBK has superior finishing(we're still waiting on someone who owns both to do a side by side, maybe Theo will PAM1A), but if the superior finished MBK isn't replicated off of the gen, how will it be better? :huh:

I was impressed with my Black Themes secs @ 12, but sold it to Slai so I can get the 2 rubberclads which are better for my smaller wrist...but it was definitely one of the better reps I've owned and I've bought over 100 reps over the years, always swiss when available. :victory:

We need someone to do a side by side...and if possible a side by side by gen side :)

• 5 months later...

The differences in the case are marginal IMO. Far and away the biggest difference would be if MBW uses the seconds @ 9 dials on the seconds @ 12 rep. The biggest difference currently, hands down, is the thicker rehaut on the CN version vs. the 1:1 appearance of the MBW dial. I have a gen and MBW dial in front of me as I type this and MBW's hands are not discernable from gen, and the dial printing/texture quality is only discernable side by side.

My one second assessment of the AP ROO rep/gen is this: If the crown position bothers you you have to buy a gen; if it doesn't an MBW seconds @ 12 would be the closest rep humanly possible to make without producing a chrono module movement.

If you are really OCD, and if you have access to a marginally competent machinist you could buy a Concord Ventu and probably create a rep that would fool the exact same number of people as the MBW frankens that sold for $4500. The only question mark would be getting the 7750 hands to work on a 2894 movement. This remains to be seen.

On edit: sorry to bump a 6 month old thread, but I was reading up on the ROO for a friend last night and had forgotten I left page 8 up on the computer this morning.