When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner 16610 Pics

RVD

Here are some pics of 2 Rolex Submariners (16610). Any opinions on rep vs. gen and quality?

Do you think both are obvious reps? Both obvious gens (ok, I'll give it away...they're not both gens). One rep, one gen?

There are a few members with inside info so they should refrain for a little while. enjoy.

329155023_DL5zt-M.jpg

329155378_YqzBE-M.jpg

329155614_iXYju-M.jpg

329155773_LVL9u-M.jpg

329156228_EH8Mw-M.jpg

329156560_AEX5y-M.jpg

329156941_73fbL-M.jpg

329157586_xSTTG-M.jpg

329157941_XKhTL-M.jpg

RVD.

The left one is a bad rep. Cyclops is way too right and it has ZERO rehaut thickness. Very obvious.

The right one... difficult to tell from these pics, as they're less than stellar. Very unnatural lighting.

But let me guess:

The right one... rehaut looks too deep and it doesn't seem have the correct "cylinder" below the crystal (or then the lighting in your picture is distorting it and making it too smooth). Also, either it's the lighting again, or then there's not enough rehaut thickness. I suspect it's the old TW/MBW case. Also, the SEL isn't tight enough, the springbar is shining through from the SEL edges. See the next pic (SEL upper corner left, where your index finger is)

329155773_LVL9u-M.jpg

Cg's looks excellent, crown is genuine, gen pearl, maybe a gen date font overlay. Very good rep... that's my guess.

If you post a bit better pics, It'll be much easier to tell.

PS: I'm talking about this one. Is this is the right one? If this is the left one, I need to rethink. :)

329155614_iXYju-M.jpg

very nice analysis everyone. Sorry for the bad pictures. It was late last night and I don't have a lightbox or good lighting but I do have a decent macro lens so I used it.

The left one was a rep from PureTime purchased about 6 months ago. It's decent but the pearl is not accurate, etc.

The one on the right is an excellent rep just purchased here on the board. It has a MBW case with genuine pearl, genuine crown, modified crown guards, noob dial, swiss ETA movement, etc.

The dial looks pretty different in both. The left one has a bolder font. The laser etch is really not visible. I had to try really hard to get just the right angle to take that picture. I have a noobfactory one on the way so I'll see how that compares. Then I'll probably sell the PureTime one and noobfactory.

RVD.

The left one is a bad rep. Cyclops is way too right and it has ZERO rehaut thickness. Very obvious.

The right one... difficult to tell from these pics, as they're less than stellar. Very unnatural lighting.

But let me guess:

The right one... rehaut looks too deep and it doesn't seem have the correct "cylinder" below the crystal (or then the lighting in your picture is distorting it and making it too smooth). Also, either it's the lighting again, or then there's not enough rehaut thickness. I suspect it's the old TW/MBW case. Also, the SEL isn't tight enough, the springbar is shining through from the SEL edges. See the next pic (SEL upper corner left, where your index finger is)

329155773_LVL9u-M.jpg

Cg's looks excellent, crown is genuine, gen pearl, maybe a gen date font overlay. Very good rep... that's my guess.

If you post a bit better pics, It'll be much easier to tell.

PS: I'm talking about this one. Is this is the right one? If this is the left one, I need to rethink. :)

329155614_iXYju-M.jpg

Completely agree. I think the one on the right is an MBW judging by the mag, rehaut, and loose-ish end-link.

So... what's the truth???

well, the one on the left was a rep purchased about 6 months ago from Angus.

the one on the right was purchased from jojo. jojo bought it from bklm1234. it started as the MBW and then they got it lumed, gen crown, gen pearl, changed out the dial to the noob dial, and shaved the crown guards. it's a rep but done very well.

in other words, both are reps but one has a lot of custom mods (include gen mods) while the other was standard rep from a decent dealer.

RVD.