When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my Euromariner is done :)

Star69

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Great posts Gents!

I just picked up one of the supreme models from PT and plan to do a number of mods (crystal, bezel, insert). I have two questions I can't seem to find the answer to under search. The two areas that I'm ignorant on is the disassembly of the bracelet and using a gen dial. I assume the bracelet connects to the end links via a pin pressed into place but I'm not sure how to remove it without causing damage. I want to see about attaching a noob bracelet to the existing SEL and using the existing clasp with looks good (to my eyes). Also, what is required to use a gen dial? I figure dial feet are a given but what about DW lining up and anything else I'm not aware of????

Thanks for the help!!

Cheers,

CM

PS.. Anyone have an extra hollow midlink bracelets they want to sell?

Great posts Gents!

I just picked up one of the supreme models from PT and plan to do a number of mods (crystal, bezel, insert). I have two questions I can't seem to find the answer to under search. The two areas that I'm ignorant on is the disassembly of the bracelet and using a gen dial. I assume the bracelet connects to the end links via a pin pressed into place but I'm not sure how to remove it without causing damage. I want to see about attaching a noob bracelet to the existing SEL and using the existing clasp with looks good (to my eyes). Also, what is required to use a gen dial? I figure dial feet are a given but what about DW lining up and anything else I'm not aware of????

Essentially, what I did on mine was:

TW Best SELs, which I modified by re-surfacing

WM9 outer first links (these do not have a ref stamed on them, which would be correct for the model year Sub I built)

Noob main links

WM9 clasp

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

And if you're interested to see how these things go together, here is one of my WM9 SELs dissected:

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

As for the dial- Simply a matter of removing the dial feet and securing to place. The DW overlay lines right up, as the rep dial has the same date position. I have a gen 295C installed to my case with rep dial and overlay and everything lines up just right...

If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to help (if I can :) )...

Cheers,

R

I have a very sharp, somewhat thin blade that I use to wedge between the link. Once wedged in, I spread the link apart and then follow up with a blunt edged blade to spread them further.

I would highly recommend against using something like a razor blade; too brittle and you risk the blade snapping or flinging fragments of a broken blade as a result.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

R

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Rhys what I thought but (like damn dejavu) I read somewhere and can't find it now to put silicone grease on the bottling of the Nikon gasket or GS glue. I have no issues until I installed the same gasket back. Hopefully the new one will do the trick. Word to the wise, no reusing nylon gaskets in these subs.

I found this post. I honestly think there needs to be a Sapphire Sub section. Is the nylon gasket installed dry against the crystal and case? I cannot confirm this.

Thanks for posting guys.

E

digging deep ? :fishing:

the first 1:1 Subs - 4 years ago ! :wheelchair:

nice memory's ;)