When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot BigBang BlackMagic All Ceramic

Dani

Got it today, first impression was good.

From what i can see its good build quality and finish only downside is that i can't find more then 3 screw that will sit on the bezel almost all whants to jump out. :unsure:

Woud rather have members ask me questions on this one then me writing a review on a watch i don't now much about so if i miss anything pleas ask :)

I had the first one that came ss version and this one feels just as good, same pain when wearing it due to the deployment buckle on the strap.

photos of it.

dsc0016wx0.jpg

dsc0008qc0.jpg

dsc0014pd0.jpg

dsc0019ux1.jpg

If its all ceramic ? its about 142grams on my kitchen scale i dont have my digital here now.And at 950$ /paid 100$ to much asked for some ekstra stuf like strap,screwdriver got a screwdriver :huh: I do not whant to try scratch it..

Cheers

Great pictures! Pity you got screwed :wounded1:

(ok sorry for the pun).

If I were you, I'd ask to get it fixed if you want this watch, otherwise return or sell it on.

A question - the piece on top of the strap between the lugs looks brushed. Is that part metal, or is it brushed ceramic?

Great pictures! Pity you got screwed :wounded1:

(ok sorry for the pun).

If I were you, I'd ask to get it fixed if you want this watch, otherwise return or sell it on.

A question - the piece on top of the strap between the lugs looks brushed. Is that part metal, or is it brushed ceramic?

Have did i get screwed?

If its part metal or not i dont now and at the price of 950$ i aiint gone scratz it to see.

How do one go about fixing the "popped" screws on the bezel? I've seen it on several HBB's...

Cheers!

Super glue or logitec tread locker.

If i can fix so it wear not so painfull i will keep it..

Cheers

Have did i get screwed?

If its part metal or not i dont now and at the price of 950$ i aiint gone scratz it to see.

Super glue or logitec tread locker.

If i can fix so it wear not so painfull i will keep it..

Cheers

It was a weak joke playing on the fact that the screws weren't in the bezel properly.... as they should have been. Many people would consider sending it back to get fixed, as it is poor QC on the dealer's part.

The other part was just a question, as until the brushed ceramic bezels, I'd only seen polished ceramic in watches.

I think there were people who bought some kind of pads to stick onto the clasp to make it comfortable to wear. I agree that the clasp is pretty bad, sharp and painful. Grinding it down on this one won't help because it is PVD coated and would reveal the metal underneath :( Unless you can get a standard clasp and work on that, and then get it PVD'd, but just not worth the effort?

It was a weak joke playing on the fact that the screws weren't in the bezel properly.... as they should have been. Many people would consider sending it back to get fixed, as it is poor QC on the dealer's part.

The other part was just a question, as until the brushed ceramic bezels, I'd only seen polished ceramic in watches.

I think there were people who bought some kind of pads to stick onto the clasp to make it comfortable to wear. I agree that the clasp is pretty bad, sharp and painful. Grinding it down on this one won't help because it is PVD coated and would reveal the metal underneath :( Unless you can get a standard clasp and work on that, and then get it PVD'd, but just not worth the effort?

Yes but the screws almost all i talk to use logitec or glue to make them sit..Its not something i woud send it back for at the cost of 40$ and then i have to thake custom risk into China and again back to me..

The watch itself is great it looks badass, but i can't wear a watch that hurts my wrist..But if i can get that sorted its a keeper for sure.. :)

I tok a knife today and tried to scratz the brushed part seems good to me B)

Did someone say screwded? :bangin: ..painful :animal_rooster: ...dont get me going on that one :p

Knowing Dani and that he is a superb member I wish he wasnt burdened with such screw trouble

g. ^_^

Yes but the screws almost all i talk to use logitec or glue to make them sit..Its not something i woud send it back for at the cost of 40$ and then i have to thake custom risk into China and again back to me..

The watch itself is great it looks badass, but i can't wear a watch that hurts my wrist..But if i can get that sorted its a keeper for sure.. :)

I tok a knife today and tried to scratz the brushed part seems good to me B)

If you send it back, arrange with the dealer to bear the cost and customs risk, this problem with the bezel is through no fault of your own. If they hadn't sent a faulty product, they would not have to bear this risk and cost, right ? It's your choice I guess... perhaps they will give you a discount for future use?

Anyway, I agree the watch looks great... which part hurts your wrist? I'm guessing it's the clasp? If so, try loosening the rubber a notch and see if that's better. If that isn't what you want to do, look up other people's posts about putting sticky foam pads on the sharp parts, that are unseen when worn. It looks such a great watch though! Tempting me into finally getting a BB!

You didn't have to try to scratch the brushed part.. just wanted your opinion on how it looks. I really have no idea if the genuine one has that part in brushed PVD metal or brushed ceramic.

And Gran, great to see you back !

I was never impressed by Hublot watches but I think this Big Band looks really great...

Why ist the clasp that uncomfortable? Is it similar on the gen or is it because of bad manufacturing (too sharp)? I was thinking about getting a butterfly clasp for the Slevin but I

I was never impressed by Hublot watches but I think this Big Band looks really great...

Why ist the clasp that uncomfortable? Is it similar on the gen or is it because of bad manufacturing (too sharp)? I was thinking about getting a butterfly clasp for the Slevin but I

Its seem its more pain for smaller wrist due to the rubber not bending and hugging the wrist when using the later holes in the strap.

Cheers

it's painful on my 8" wrist.. so I think everyone have some kind of problem with the claps.

Hello, be careful. The screws are not all the same size. Some of the screws are longer. Some will fit the thread but be too long, others will fit in depth but will thread loosely. Remove all the screw and replace them one at a time starting with the longs screws first. I believe that the long screws belong at 8 and 2, but I really don't remember. Let me know if you have a problem and I'll remove my bezel and take pics for you.

Hello, be careful. The screws are not all the same size. Some of the screws are longer. Some will fit the thread but be too long, others will fit in depth but will thread loosely. Remove all the screw and replace them one at a time starting with the longs screws first. I believe that the long screws belong at 8 and 2, but I really don't remember. Let me know if you have a problem and I'll remove my bezel and take pics for you.

Thanks for the advice i will try it, right now they sit good on the bezel i used logitec tread locker same one i use on my balisongs.

Cheers

Great Piece. . . I'm on the fence about pulling the trigger. . .

Let us know how the screws go. . .