When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Possible Replica Rolex Help?!

Charismatic

I just purchased a Rolex from a reputable dealer. I took it home and popped the bracelet off. Above the crown on the case I found the engraving "OG POFY DESN". This is not a normal marking. The watch is supposed to be an authentic Rolex Datejust from 1984/85 range (according to serial number engraved in case. Also below the 6 o colock on the case the word "Stainless" is spelled "Stainess", it is missing an "L". With the quality control Rolex has I doubt it left the factory that way. Does anyone have any clues as to what this may be. The watch has been tested, the gold is real, a markings match up except the aforementioned above. Any serious help would be much apreciated. Thank you!

First of all, Welcome to RWG! It seems like you're asking about a GEN and you might be in the wrong forum, but we have some Rolex experts here that will chime in pretty soon, I'm sure!

Just a different 1st post, that's all!

Cheers!

This does not sound good at all and you have not even seen the inside yet?

If this was from a reputable dealer then he should be able and happy to give you your money back, because I am sure Rolex would not like to hear that he sold you this watch. As you said Rolex would not have a watch with wrong spellings on it.

I just purchased a Rolex from a reputable dealer. I took it home and popped the bracelet off. Above the crown on the case I found the engraving "OG POFY DESN". This is not a normal marking. The watch is supposed to be an authentic Rolex Datejust from 1984/85 range (according to serial number engraved in case. Also below the 6 o colock on the case the word "Stainless" is spelled "Stainess", it is missing an "L". With the quality control Rolex has I doubt it left the factory that way. Does anyone have any clues as to what this may be. The watch has been tested, the gold is real, a markings match up except the aforementioned above. Any serious help would be much apreciated. Thank you!

Based on your description, that is not a gen Rolex. Or at least the engravings were not made by Rolex SA. But pictures might help in locating the source.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I dont think there is much I can add to what you have been told above. Unfortunately, your situation differs from most of our introductions to replicas. I know this may sound like an unlikely solace, but know that there are plenty of very knowledgeable members here. If you should decide that you care to become a collector of replica watches (Your already on your way, right?) THIS is the place to be.

While you look around, check out this thread. Introduce yourself and register for the raffle.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=77870

You may also want to take a look at this thread:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;#entry48271

Thank you again, for coming around... and I hope that your future posts are of a more positive nature!

T

It could just be a fake case with a genuine dial and bracelet. Even though the bracelet is gold it could also be aftermarket. You need to remove the bakc and see if you at least have a genuine movement. If not, return it immediately, or better yet have the guy you bought it from open it in front of you. The case however is definately fake. Post some pics here and we can give you more info.