When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First pics of new Super Avenger

andreww

Ok, I'm VERY interested in this one. Is this another one of them "super" reps? Same factory as the AP ROO/Graham CF/Porsche Flat 6/etc.???

Funny.. The first thing they learn you on this forum is that the AAA+++ Rep doesn't exist, but for the last couple of month, everyone is looking for the "SuperRep", which is as stupid as AAA+++ naming :p

This is a damn nice raped watch. Call it whatever you want, but it looks great ;)

Funny.. The first thing they learn you on this forum is that the AAA+++ Rep doesn't exist, but for the last couple of month, everyone is looking for the "SuperRep", which is as stupid as AAA+++ naming :p

This is a damn nice raped watch. Call it whatever you want, but it looks great ;)

Honestly I could give a rat's ass what they call them. A rep is a rep, but I've seen a few reps that come from the same factory (???) and use the gen as a starting point (i.e. Graham CF, Porsche Flat 6, etc.) that people have been talking about. After my purchase of the Graham CF I've pretty much settled on trying to buy what this particular factory is rep'n. That was what I was asking. A simple question.

So... is this one of them??? I mean I seem to read various different things about this mysterious factory somewhere in China. Possibly in Mao's tomb???

i dunno know guys i think it looks pretty damn good. IMO i could care less if everything on the dial is not perfect...i would

be more disaappointed if there is dust on the dial or other Qc problems. i highly doubt you will have somebody come up

to you and say...you are wearing a fake...i can tell because your wings logo is bigger than it should be. my big concern

is the braclet. anybody who has a genuine breitling knows their bracelets are top notch!

Then the real issue then is how well the construction would be on the rep proII bracelet.

One thing i noticed about rep bracelets is that the fit tolerances seem to be lacking and don't feel so "tight" between the links.

The ProII bracelet hopefully will be built well and won't have gaps between the links. Hopefully, the point where the SEL meets the rest of the bracelet will be flush. Hopefully, the SEL will also fit flush against the case. Hopefully, the clasp won't sound "tinny". Hopefully, the bracelet screws will sit flush with the links as per the gen.

Here's to wishful thinking. :drinks:

This one looks really nice. Like I said, the bezel markings aren't as crisp, and the lume dots appear to be more blob like than on the gen, but over all it looks great! Too bad this would never fit my 6.75" wrist.

Not so!

My wrists are about your size, maybe smaller. I like to wear my watches a little snug, so that the contours of the watch hug my wrist and sit right between the ulna and pisiform areas. That way, my wrists give the illusion of pulling off a 48mm watch, even though if i were to wear it anywhere else, it would look silly!

Not so!

..the contours of the watch hug my wrist and sit right between the ulna and pisiform areas..

I've always prefered to wear my watch at the trochlear notch on the anterior surface of the proximal end of the ulna, between the olecranon and the coronoid.

Okay man, so what's with the Physician talk? We're just Rep collectors here.

This one looks really nice. Like I said, the bezel markings aren't as crisp, and the lume dots appear to be more blob like than on the gen, but over all it looks great! Too bad this would never fit my 6.75" wrist.

Andreww you are mistaken........the whole point of this watch is that it doesn't fit the average sized wrist (mine too) but Im going to get one because that's the point, its' saying Im the most monserous Breitling available, all you Pams go hide now :D

Instead of thinking along the lines of UPOs, which are built for function, think of this as being outrageous and built for pleasure. Compare the UPO to a Ferrari - heritage, function, and crafted with precision. Compare the SA to a Lamborghini (pre Audi-takeover) they were never as functional or as good on the track as the Ferrari's they were impractical, but hell were they good to look at and great fun!

speaking of proII bracelet....

what it desperately needs is a diver's extension clasp.

the ProI had it...why not the II? It seems like a design afterthought; because after all, the watches that DO use it are primarily in the Aeromarine series...the watches for divers.

• 2 weeks later...