When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega "funny feet"

nobody13

Maybe they had loads of old style funny feet or they were to lazy to make a new one when they built it. I think they are selling so many UPOs there is no need to fix it, but if they did and gave it the new standard of AR we are getting it would be pretty perfect.

Maybe they had loads of old style funny feet or they were to lazy to make a new one when they built it. I think they are selling so many UPOs there is no need to fix it, but if they did and gave it the new standard of AR we are getting it would be pretty perfect.

That is what I am hoping foror another solution is get genuine dial from OFREI or the onewith correct LOGO from Silix ...

That is what I am hoping foror another solution is get genuine dial from OFREI or the onewith correct LOGO from Silix ...

I too am on this road, I got the dial from Silix. Its logo is correct, but it is inaccurate in other details. One has to replace only the logo with the logo from Silix' dial.

I too am on this road, I got the dial from Silix. Its logo is correct, but it is inaccurate in other details. One has to replace only the logo with the logo from Silix' dial.

I wanted to order the dial from SILIX but still waiting for an answer. PM was sent. I hope he'll get back to me soon ... :)

I wanted to order the dial from SILIX but still waiting for an answer. PM was sent. I hope he'll get back to me soon ... :)

Better asking them via email (you can find their email address on their website). Even by email, they often take several days to reply. PM might get unreplied for weeks.

If you find a safe way to remove the logo(s) from the dial(s) please let us know.

Better asking them via email (you can find their email address on their website). Even by email, they often take several days to reply. PM might get unreplied for weeks.

If you find a safe way to remove the logo(s) from the dial(s) please let us know.

I thought you'll tell me how to do it ?

Hi !

You wrote thet logo from SILIX is inaccurate in other details - could you please say something more ? I don't have much experience so it's hard for me to tell ...

Not so much the logo as the rest of the dial,I think sssurfer is referring to the rest of silix dial not being the most accurate, best solution this side of a gen dial is to remove the logo from the silix dial, remove the logo from your existing dial and then swap them.

That way you have a accurate dial and no funny feet!

Hope that makes sense.

Not so much the logo as the rest of the dial,I think sssurfer is referring to the rest of silix dial not being the most accurate, best solution this side of a gen dial is to remove the logo from the silix dial, remove the logo from your existing dial and then swap them.

That way you have a accurate dial and no funny feet!

Hope that makes sense.

What I wanted to ask is what are the backflows when comparing the SILIX dial with the others ?? It has correct logo but incorrect ...???

What I wanted to ask is what are the backflows when comparing the SILIX dial with the others ?? It has correct logo but incorrect ...???

And i told you

The date window is a bit out and the 3, 6, 9, 12 markers are too short, also the lume is not that good and maybe a bit too green in daylight.

There was a post on RG a while ago - a guy was saying that the logo has 2 pins that go through the dial - you need to push them from behind the dial to remove the logo, ... then add the new logo and use some glue to fasten the pins from behind the dial... I can't look for the post now...

• 4 weeks later...

From what I read in the reviews the logo issue is "loupe stuff". I presume that means that othe funny feet can be only seen with a magnifying loupe. Am I correct?

Also what is the issue with the perl? I am comparing the photos of the UPO with the gen and the pearl looks the same to me. Is this another "loupe stuff" thing?

It seems most people agree that the UPO is a great rep and most of the minor issues can be solved with a gen dial from ofrei.

---------

p.s. my first post here, thanks for all the info...

From what I read in the reviews the logo issue is "loupe stuff". I presume that means that othe funny feet can be only seen with a magnifying loupe. Am I correct?

Also what is the issue with the perl? I am comparing the photos of the UPO with the gen and the pearl looks the same to me. Is this another "loupe stuff" thing?

It seems most people agree that the UPO is a great rep and most of the minor issues can be solved with a gen dial from ofrei.

---------

p.s. my first post here, thanks for all the info...

Not exactly "Loupe stuff"... but can be seen pretty clearly from about 8"... the AR will be a clear giveaway LONG before that point with the logo.

The pearl is a somewhat easy fix... get a Gen insert and sand the back down a bit and a drop of epoxy will do the trick.

And overall... Yes, the UPO is a fantasic rep for the 45mm... the 4th gen 42mm is the best of that size yet.

The Gen dial and hands can fix lots of issues with the watch... a bit pricey, but a wonderful upgrade to a great watch.