When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Best GMT

rosnik

Hi gang,

I'm looking for one good GMT to add to my collection,

can you please suggest me the best GMT out of the box?

:rolleyes:

thank you for your help! <_<

The Chopard Mille Miglia is the only rep I haven't modded save a lume job. It's very good out of the box. A warning that mine had some movement issues and The Zigmeister had to pull his hair out fixing, but I think that was my bad luck as others haven't had that issue. BUT, it is a very nice oob rep.

The Chopard Mille Miglia is the only rep I haven't modded save a lume job. It's very good out of the box. A warning that mine had some movement issues and The Zigmeister had to pull his hair out fixing, but I think that was my bad luck as others haven't had that issue. BUT, it is a very nice oob rep.

It's A7750 Chrono + GMT?

This one like?

http://www.pc-80108.com/cp10047-mile-migli...800-p-3708.html

It's A7750 Chrono + GMT?

This one like?

http://www.pc-80108.com/cp10047-mile-migli...800-p-3708.html

Yes. For most accuracy you will want the white on white, because the gen actually has 'tachometre' not 'tachy.' But that one has a closed caseback I think... which is the only real issue. That and it needs double AR, which used to bug me but I got over-- Jakub could not coat it as its some sort of sandwich crystal. The rep AR iis not great, but aside from the AR its a very nice rep.

Hi gang,

I'm looking for one good GMT to add to my collection,

can you please suggest me the best GMT out of the box?

:rolleyes:

thank you for your help! <_<

What? No one suggested the Rolex GMT IIc?

I have the Seamaster, the Mille Miglia, and the 063. For out of box GMT purposes I'll take the Seamaster any day.

A few years ago the non-GMT Seamaster was one of the board grail watches, and in my book the GMT addition makes it even nicer. I have the ETA version, although many people swear by the Asian version as one of the stellar bargains anywhere.

Overall, I prefer the looks of the Chopard and wear it more than the Seamaster, but the GMT is a bit flaky to set, even after The Zigmeister serviced the movement. He attributed this to the challenge of bolting a GMT function onto the 7750 chrono functions. Once set, though, the GMT works fine. I just don't like to reset it very often, which would be a significant drawback if I travelled to different time zones a lot.

The Pam is quite nice, too, esp. with that huge second hand. But the GMT hand slips occasionally (Asian version), so it would benefit from a service as well as other upgrades (crown, cyclops, date wheel, lume) in order to match the other two in quality.

Note: You might also consider the Mont Blanc GMT.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking forward to get a chopard mille miglia GMT white dial, white subdials and with the rubber strap. I have seen that trusty and perfect clones have the white dial black subdials, however I have not seen this version in gen and prefer the white on white one.

Eurotimez has it but with the SS bracelet.

Could you please tell me who offers the best high end replica of this model?

I get on very well with my 029a. I might not wear it much, but it is one of the favorites of my collection. Ilike the fact it has the 24 scale on the bezel, as it keeps the dial 'clear'. Of course, the dial itself is also a nice visual feature :) Best of luck with your search :good:

I get on very well with my 029a. I might not wear it much, but it is one of the favorites of my collection. Ilike the fact it has the 24 scale on the bezel, as it keeps the dial 'clear'. Of course, the dial itself is also a nice visual feature :) Best of luck with your search :good:

may I ask from which seller diod you get yours from?

Thanks!