When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What the hell?

cjeffers58

"Ripped off" would presume that no watch would be shipped in exchange for your funds.

Overpriced for sure. But then there are a lot of overpriced gens out there, for sale in the secondary market. I would not presume to call the sellers prices ripoff. Something is worth exactly what someone else is willing to pay. At least to that person.

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

I would agree that they charge more than our dealers do, but they are not advertising them as genuine and the watches pictured don't appear to be genuine( I may be wrong), so in my opinion they are just doing what millions of businesses do. The watches maybe cost $100 dollars if that to make, so they have insane margins, but if people will pay it then why wouldn't they charge that much? You think a Rolex Submariner cost anywhere near $5000 dollars to manufacter? Hell no! nI think some of the advertising on the website is a little far fetched, but that is not uncommon either. We are lucky to have such great access to so many high quality replicas, but just cause we know what we pay, doesn't change the market much, so long as there is a demand for high quality replicas and people keep buying them at $950 dollars then people will keep charging $950 dollars. I don't see much of anything wrong with the website, just someone trying to run a profitable business.

I don't see much of anything wrong with the website, just someone trying to run a profitable business.

... apart from the lies and deception?

Come on, it's a scam. It's precisely the kind of thing this website is here to inform against. Leeching off gullible people isn't an honourable business idea: It stinks and you know it.

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

Come on, it's a scam. It's precisely the kind of thing this website is here to inform against. Leeching off gullible people isn't an honourable business idea: It stinks and you know it.

I am not saying that they are being fair, but how many businesses are being fair? They are no different than Rolex, Panerai, or Tag Heuer. Just about every other business out there surrounds there products with false hype and makes you think it is something much better than what it really is. Mercedes sells cars at ridiculous prices, but they are pieces of junk, they are the least reliable car out there. Why do people pay so much, because they are lied to and decieved into thinking they are getting a quality automobile. Are they scammers? Just as much as these guys selling reps at $900 dollars.

I was under the impression that this website was made to keep people from buying a watch and recieving nothing, or a website showing gens and shipping out canal street junk. If you have a problem with people charging to much for something then don't leave your house, you might pass a car lot, or a mall, or even a Rolex AD!!!

Someone who is buying from this website will most likely get what the purchased and saw in the picture. If they don't like it the website offers a return policy.(whether or not they stand by that is unknown).

If someone thinks the watch is worth $900 dollars and they choose to buy it that is there problem, to them maybe it is worth $900 dollars, they knew what they were buying, they weren't scammed.

I am not saying that they are being fair, but how many businesses are being fair? They are no different than Rolex, Panerai, or Tag Heuer. Just about every other business out there surrounds there products with false hype and makes you think it is something much better than what it really is. Mercedes sells cars at ridiculous prices, but they are pieces of junk, they are the least reliable car out there. Why do people pay so much, because they are lied to and decieved into thinking they are getting a quality automobile. Are they scammers? Just as much as these guys selling reps at $900 dollars.

Ok, at this point I really don't know where to start. Needless to say, I don't think you get it.

Differences between this PoS site and Rolex ... ok, Rolex pay for R&D and advertising. They also pay tax, import/export duty, have an after-sales service, warranty, etc. If you actually do the maths, which has been done here so many times, you realise Rolex is making a fair profit. Also, if a Rolex AD sells you a Submariner, you know that a shop across the street won't be able to go much cheaper. This scam site is ten times the price of our dealers.

They are selling something available much cheaper elsewhere for a vastly inflated price by lying to their customers. I fail to see Rolex, Panerai or TAG Heuer doing that.

Genuine watches are not really that overpriced, and just saying they are doesn't make it any different. This website is demonstrably overpriced.

They are selling something available much cheaper elsewhere for a vastly inflated price by lying to their customers. I fail to see Rolex, Panerai or TAG Heuer doing that.

If nothing else is persuasive to he who is like God, I don't see how that isn't clear. Basically, you're saying anything short of outright theft constitutes acceptable business practice.

Anyway, this talk about how Rolex, Panerai etc. do the "same thing" is misguided. First of all, premium brand goods don't purport that the value of the raw materials are commeasurate with the prices charged. That's what makes it a premium brand good. You pay extra for the prestige. That should not represent some kind of mystery to consumers. Second, this talk of how Rolexes are "overpriced" also misses the point. Being overpriced in the sense that there are people who question the inherent value of some good is very different from that good being overpriced in the sense that the prices being charged are actually more than the market will bear absent some kind of deception or manipulation.

Gen Rolexes are luxury goods, of course lots of people will decide a Rolex not worth the cost. That's what makes it a luxury and not a commodity. But that doesn't mean it's a scam or price-manipulated in terms of fair market practices.

EXACTLY Pug!

That place IS a rip off.

GREAT looking LV, huh?

I like the bands too . . .

"440 Stainless Steel Platinum band and case."

And how come OUR reps don't have

" Screwed Triplock crown, self winding"

Never saw any of my crowns self wind . . .

And our reps don't have.

" Second and lettering in red accent color"

And that beautiful LV is ONLY $1000 . . .

and the "solid" 18k models are cheaper ???

yea, right . . .

That is EXACTLY one of the kinds of sites that this forum tries to educate the members about. They ARE ripping people off with their pricing, preying on unknowledgeable and gullible people who think they are getting something that they are NOT going to get. They are NOT getting a rep watch that is worth anywhere near what they are paying for, it's a real POS rep, and that is a scam and a rip period. If they were selling that crap for a third of what they are, it's STILL a rip!

B

So I guess Josh is a scammer, this watch is not a 1:1 replica, it is not perfect. Not quite to the extreme that this website is going, but still not fully truthful.

What colour is the sky in your world? :D

Seriously, if you can't see the difference, I don't see how any amount of debate will change your mind.

I said it's a scam, you said otherwise. Several members and an admin agreed with me, you tried a different tack, ignoring the points I made.

There's no way anyone is going to come out of this looking clever, so I'll leave you and your sour business practices on your own here before you drag me down to your level and beat me with experience. :Jumpy:

ps. It's still a scam.

/me runs away. ner ner ner.

Seriously, if you can't see the difference, I don't see how any amount of debate will change your mind.

Yup.

I will say that I do prefer dealers not to use descriptors like "perfect" and 1:1 to simply indicate their rep is very, very good. Most people take stuff like that in context but I imagine there is the occasionally disillusioned customer.

What colour is the sky in your world? :D

I said it's a scam, you said otherwise. Several members and an admin agreed with me, you tried a different tack, ignoring the points I made.

There's no way anyone is going to come out of this looking clever, so I'll leave you and your sour business practices on your own here before you drag me down to your level and beat me with experience. :Jumpy:

ps. It's still a scam.

/me runs away. ner ner ner.

Hey Mikey . . . .

you have NO idea what that name means to me . . .

serious question here . . .

???????

are you REALLY that dropdeadthatFiretrUCKinstupid or what ?????

Those . . .

business

people are

RIPPING the sheep & lemmings of MY world off B L I N D !!!!!!

and . . . even though I will stomp an ant or [censored]-a tee-roach into oblivion without a second thought . . .

are you REALLY that FN stupid ?????

you even DARE to say that's just business ??????

or are you just trying to up your post count . . .

or knees down & blow me asswipe . . .

or tell your wife/momma/girlfriend/[censored]/hooker . . .

ANYBODY WHO BUYS FROM THEM IS GETTING RIPPED

who do you REALLY work for ?????

cause you are either a drop dead stupid idiot . . .

or you work for Cheney/Bush or some other mega $$$$$$$$$$$$$ other someone Big Oil to even think like that . . . why don't you jack gas prices up another ½ a buck????

or are you a majority stockholder who doesn't give half a rat's . . . .

or . . .

maybe you REALLY are that FN drop dead stupid

8^(

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ASSWIPE . . .

you are dealing in ILLEGAL goods here . . .

stuff that is protected by copywrite by most ALL nations that have half a clue what that means . . .

If YOU are CLUELESS . . . and THAT FN CLUELESS . . .

Then take a hike . . .

get lost . . . getthe[censored]outta here . . . go back to your local Wallmart & get the goddam best Timex that you REALLY like . . .

Even BLADE would have kicked your sorry dumb ass outta here . . . .

Thick as a plank . . .

sorry JT . . .

Edit

PS . . . NOT you Pug . . . took it from a different post . . .

what a FN idiot . . .

totally clueless . . .

B

Edited by Brian

I guess that [censored]-stick heisn'tgod doesn't get the point of my original post. It's [censored]-sticks like

him that have caused so many people to be ripped off by these sorry sacks of monkey-[censored]!!!

Get with the program [censored]-nut (hewhoisin'tagod) get off the board if that's the way you feel!!!

I guess that [censored]-stick heisn'tgod doesn't get the point of my original post. It's [censored]-sticks like

him that have caused so many people to be ripped off by these sorry sacks of monkey-[censored]!!!

Get with the program [censored]-nut (hewhoisin'tagod) get off the board if that's the way you feel!!!

You know if he really is like god and sends you to somewhere like hell you'll be sorry you said that.

But seriously, I don't think ego-man really means to defend specific scammers, I think he just thinks everything is a kind of scam. I can picture him sitting in front of the TV watching commercials, shaking his head and saying while pointing as his temple (the universal "I am the smart" gesture from pro wrestling) "man, they make that product totally seem better than it really is, what a bunch of scammers just like replicacenter. Good thing I am so smart that I catch these things. Nobody is as smart as me, that's why I can claim to be like god without the slightest bit of irony."

You know if he really is like god and sends you to somewhere like hell you'll be sorry you said that.

Yea, maybe . . . but at least I'll have all my friends around to talk to . . .

Sorry about the . . . takin off on him like that . . . but . . .

There's a helluva lotta difference in one of our dealers saying it's a 1:1 rep and those clowns with their $1000 LV. We all know our dealers mean it's a very accurate, better than they've had before watch. Plus with what we've (hopefully) learned from the time we spend at these forums, the dealers KNOW that watch is going to be picked apart by the knowledgeable people on the boards no matter what they call it.

If that website was so on the up & up, how come they haven't tried to list their wares here, TRC, RWI & WT ??

I can think of a reason why they haven't . . .

BECAUSE THEY'RE SCAMMERS AND A RIP OFF !!!!

Hewho . . . if you can't honestly see that, then I really do think you are totally wasting your time even bothering with these forums, because nothing is sinking in. And I don't just mean about rep watches. ANY company that targets the uninformed & uneducated with an inferior product at a vastly inflated price IS scamming people and IS ripping them off. Who the hell do they think they are ?? Big Oil ??

B