When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Considering the Skyland but it may be too big for me?

rek001

Hi all, hope you are having a nice weekend.

So I've goten caught up in all the hype over this watch, and it does look beautifully constructed.

I'm afraid though that it may be too big for my 6.5" wrist, which is also narrow and deep.

What say you?

Thanks!

I had tried on the skyland in the A.D. and had it next to my evo, they look similar sizes but the skyland wears smaller its taller off the wrist tho. I ve got 6" wrists wide and thin, and dont mind the size but if you feel uncomfortable with big watches you may find it looks big.

Thanks for replies, guys.

I don't have an SFO, but I do have a BCE and it pretty much fills up my wrist, but it is comfortable and I love it.

I have a few 44mm Pam and I wear them proudly.

A trip to Tourneau is in order, I have one in my city, then I will make my decision. I hope I can wear it.

My wrist is 6.5 and its definitely not too big..Here's my gen on the pro2

sland13.jpg

next to my gen evo so you can see the size difference- not much bigger but it's alot thicker

bothroom.jpg

bothbox.jpg

Edited by UB7

Tried the skyland with SSB at AD and it's quite big and heavy IMO, it's very thick. The AD weighed it in front of me because I expressed my concerns about the size and it weighs 255 gm before resizing. Quite a heavy weight, I can't wear such a heavy watch unless I go for the rubber or leather strap. This is what I do with my SOSF because with the SSB it's too heavy for my wrist. Probably one of the major reasons I would skip the skyland, although it is a real beauty.

UB7, thanks for the great comparo pics, I'm pleasantly surprised, it really is not much bigger than the Evo.

And yaron, thanks for your comments, I am concerned about the thickness and weight.

Why do thesse watches have to be so darn heavy and thick, anyway?

Tried the skyland with SSB at AD and it's quite big and heavy IMO, it's very thick. The AD weighed it in front of me because I expressed my concerns about the size and it weighs 255 gm before resizing. Quite a heavy weight, I can't wear such a heavy watch unless I go for the rubber or leather strap. This is what I do with my SOSF because with the SSB it's too heavy for my wrist. Probably one of the major reasons I would skip the skyland, although it is a real beauty.

For sure the weight is not nice at all on the skyland..

I had mine and used it not for long periods due to the weight.

But i saw one on leather strap at my AD yesterday and it looked damn nice :)

For sure the weight is not nice at all on the skyland..

I had mine and used it not for long periods due to the weight.

But i saw one on leather strap at my AD yesterday and it looked damn nice :)

The weight will be OK with a leather or rubber strap, but the SSB is cool..

Hmm, it sounds like the weight of it may be an issue.

When I got my BCE I thought "holy moly, this is prob my heaviest watch", but I wear it all the time now and I don't even notice it.

Does the Skyland weight a lot more than the BCE?

Yes, it weighs significantly more than the BCE. If you haven't held the super avenger than it might be the heaviest watch you've ever encountered..That's one of the thing's I love about it but for others it may be a slight turn off

Hmm, it sounds like the weight of it may be an issue.

When I got my BCE I thought "holy moly, this is prob my heaviest watch", but I wear it all the time now and I don't even notice it.

Does the Skyland weight a lot more than the BCE?

I think it is heavier, I also manage with my BCE but it is borderline. my BCE after resizing is 195 gm , I think the skyland may be heavier. As I mentioned the unsized gen is 255.

Thanks for photos, Rocky.

In looking at them, I'm beginning to think that 7" wrist is minimum size for this watch to look OK, it is truly massive.

I'm going to try one on at AD but I really think it will be too big for me. Shame.

Thanks for photos, Rocky.

In looking at them, I'm beginning to think that 7" wrist is minimum size for this watch to look OK, it is truly massive.

I'm going to try one on at AD but I really think it will be too big for me. Shame.

You are welcome, You can def. buy one of these IMO, in wrist shots watches allways look bigger than real life,

Im getting Ult SA too.. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Forearm size matters too (I know this sounds silly, but true) and I have skinny forearms, I'm a girl.

Actually, I think photos indicate how the watch looks on the wrist in reality, as opposed to our perceptions, as when we talk ouselves into a watch that is clearly too big for us, just my IMO.

I'll let you know what I think after visit to AD.

Thanks again!

I have a small wrist, but too bad, I couldn't resist of this beauty beast, I just put an order for the grey one on brown strap. I know it will be big, but anyway, it's the way to wore watch these days. PRESENCE it's the word. I'll give a try, and if it's really too big (lug to lug size for my wrist), I know I'll be able to sell it easily anyway :rolleyes: