When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 187 Serial Numbers

leitztozeiss

With everyone receiving the first batch of EL 187's, I thought I'd put up a serial number registry for RWG 187 owners. No doubt, they'll soon pass the 1000 mark in sales, but maybe amongst the RWG folks, the numbers will remain unique. Mine is 0241/1000. The list below will be updated - feel free to PM me with your serial #.

0241/1000

80047-30589.jpg

80047-30590.jpg

0001 Neil

0004 Richard Lawton

0013 Sql_pl

0034 Promotersf

0043 Antrax

0086 Faber

0169 Titoune11299

0222 Docblackrock

0229 Trunk21 (Returned for replacement, due to stripped Lug)

0241 Leitztozeiss

0215 Lockum

0247 Wolf

0300 Michalis6

0306 BigNasty

0311 Dadog13

0312 Thomasng

0313 Watcher

0318 Chicken Manny

0324 Discovery110

0337 Usil

0373 Steelerfan

0376 Kiropraktor

0378 Sevomd

0398 Cucumber_Jones

0423 Rsv123

0449 Bazz

0466 Statikman

0480 Jwrong

0485 Dluddy

0497 DarthSimon

0569 RENOST

0611 TineT

0666 Cwai02 :evil:

0890 Hrosemd

0897 Tikerz

0929 Sir Lancelot

0995 V

Edited by leitztozeiss

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like you got my # already Gil. Can't wait to see it on the Orange hermes. Eddy

Hi Eddy, the Hermes actually arrived before the watch. I've hesitated mounting it, however, because the short and long sides of the strap have different textures. As shown in the pic below, the short buckle side has the classic hermes bumpy texture, while the longer side has the same pattern but is smooth. I emailed Bruce at watches24seven, and he's going to take care of it when he gets back from vacation. Btw, Bruce is great to work with, very responsive and accountable. He even gave me his phone number to call him while on vacation, which was above and beyond. Regarding the strap, it is uber thick and soft. I love the bumpy texture also. And, the color is a rich, deep orange - I just love it.

80106-30586.jpg

80106-30587.jpg

Hi Eddy, the Hermes actually arrived before the watch. I've hesitated mounting it, however, because the short and long sides of the strap have different textures. As shown in the pic below, the short buckle side has the classic hermes bumpy texture, while the longer side has the same pattern but is smooth. I emailed Bruce at watches24seven, and he's going to take care of it when he gets back from vacation. Btw, Bruce is great to work with, very responsive and accountable. He even gave me his phone number to call him while on vacation, which was above and beyond. Regarding the strap, it is uber thick and soft. I love the bumpy texture also. And, the color is a rich, deep orange - I just love it.

80117-30583.jpg

80117-30584.jpg

That sux Gil. But Bruce is a good guy. I was corresponding with him a lot over their WWII vintage straps. Beauties but decided to go for the XaMas eventually. Still might pull the trigger eventually. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

Eddy

mine came today 0324/1000

after looking at it... the bezel is WAY OFF the pearl does not line up at 12 when the 15/30/45 markers are aligned!! or i align the pearl and the 15/30/45 markers are way OFF.. also the lugs are misaligned causing the screws for the strap to become stripped when you install them.. i know this cause i have tried several sets of screws.. the lug thread is ok its that the lugs are not aligned when from one to another. :-( and the CG is misaligned too.. the crown rubs the bottom of the CG aqnd the top has large space. :-(

mine came today 0324/1000

after looking at it... the bezel is WAY OFF the pearl does not line up at 12 when the 15/30/45 markers are aligned!! or i align the pearl and the 15/30/45 markers are way OFF.. also the lugs are misaligned causing the screws for the strap to become stripped when you install them.. i know this cause i have tried several sets of screws.. the lug thread is ok its that the lugs are not aligned when from one to another. :-( and the CG is misaligned too.. the crown rubs the bottom of the CG aqnd the top has large space. :-(

:o:o:o:wounded1: for you, sorry to hear that

:pray: for me

Well I've just finished running my chronos for 24 hours. Before resetting, I waited until the subdials and second hand were only a few degrees from their reset positions. Yet, after resetting I now find my 30-minute subdial hand to be misaligned at the 29-minute position. For appearance only, I am able to run the chrono for exactly 1 minute and stop the second hand at the 12 position so that on the wrist it appears all reset. Still, I may venture into my local repair guy to have this fixed. Bummer.

Oh, why did I run my chronos???!!!! Arrrgggh. I just couldn't resist and had to press the red button!!

0313/1000 reporting in!

On the whole very good but I can't help feeling this is the copy of the copy. There are small differences between the Watchhonpo model and this one.

I seem to be a lucky one as my bezel is nice and firm just like Ken's. The date issue is minor cos you don't really look at it, too much else to view!

The AR exclusion is the biggest flaw which spoils the whole thing. A blue tint would have been nice like the original 111 reps.

The engraving is definately not as deep as Ken's but good enough. Not tried the chrono and have no intention of doing so.

I'm suprised at comments about the strap as it is pretty much as good as the oem example and better than the watchhonpo that I handled. THe makers stamps are crisp and accurate.

Watchhonpno version.

80994-30355.jpg

EL Version.

80994-30356.jpg

I think that davdsen needs to make an AR replacement crystal for this watch as there are many buyers of it.

Now Gil didn't we have this conversation already. Sorry you had to succumb to the intense desire... I still am resisting. Eddy

Well, I took the 187 to my local watch repair guy. He's an older gentlemen that's been in the college town where I work since I was student. Super nice guy. Anyway, he deals/services mainly in vintage Hamiltons, Gruens, and the like. He had a couple of Rollies in the display, a modern GMT and a Explorer I. He also had on a Presidential in gold.

I explained the problem to him, and he pulled out his various tools to try to remove the back. He kept referring to the watch (and others like it) as, "these damn things with the modern ETA's . . . I just wish more of these manufacturers used Valjoux movements." In the end, he said he didn't have a tool large enough to remove the back without damaging it. Then, it occured to me that there are special tools for removing the genuine backs from the case. I didn't have it in me to suggest the balled up duck tape technique! He also suggested taking it back to the dealer, at which point I mentioned that it was a 'private' sale. Maybe he knew it was a rep, I don't know. But, he was kind about it all anyway.

I found another watch dealer that claims to work on, "any other kind of watch, we can fix it." So, I'll try him tomorrow. Or, I may just wait until I'm read to send the thing in for a superlume and have it fixed at that time.