When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex replica rarely rusts

Mike1718

I have been on a vacation B) trip to Montenegro with my Rolex Super Seadweller. I refuse to handle this kind of watches with care even if it is a Rolex replica and I never took it off. I was swimming in very salty water.

I was never anxious about water resistance - but I was worried about corrosion. And I can say after two weeks there was no sign of rust on the watch itself and the strap.

But still there were signs of rust coming from the pins. I would recommend to change them since the quality seems not to be OK (soft material) and they were hard to remove probably due to corrosion. (I couldn't compress the spring pin.)

Also you can see that the black colour on the letters in the caseback does not withstand water!

Have a look at the pictures.

post-11302-1216584419_thumb.jpg

post-11302-1216584539_thumb.jpg

post-11302-1216584583_thumb.jpg

post-11302-1216584630_thumb.jpg

post-11302-1216584672_thumb.jpg

post-11302-1216584713_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike1718

Mmmmmmmmmmm..replicas and water is not the best combination :yeah: still thanks for posting the results :clapping:

gran :)

I will have to disagree with your comment. I have three watches and two of them I took them for a dive of 100feet (UPO and MBW 1665) no problem there and not a sign of water coming in. IO also took my SFSO for snorkeling

Cheer

Ivan

I will have to disagree with your comment. I have three watches and two of them I took them for a dive of 100feet (UPO and MBW 1665) no problem there and not a sign of water coming in. IO also took my SFSO for snorkeling

Cheer

Ivan

OK Ivan :)

Yup.

These comments about never taking a rep near water get tiresome. I advise people to get any watch, gen or rep, tested before submerging in water. Nevertheless, there are WAY many more examples of people swimming, snorkeling, and even diving with certain reps (subs, ssds, sosf, etc.) without incident than there are of people with fogged crystals. It is clear that even without testing if you have a quality rep of a diving watch you are unlikely to have any trouble with the watch. And if a watch IS tested - there is no reason whatsoever not to take it into the water.

As for salt water corrosion - all dive gear (watches included) should always be submerged and rinsed very well in fresh water. Not even SS is completely impervious to sodium's corrosive effects.

Yup.

These comments about never taking a rep near water get tiresome.

I feel likewise, they do indeed. I've only had two reps have condensation issues, one was a POS SMP, the other was a PAM 104, but, as the replacement 104 has no issues with water, I can only conclude that the first one leaking was a manufacturing issue with that individual watch. Likewise, I know that the tube/crown/cglever allignment of my 127 means it is not water resistant under normal operation, but, if I hold the crown down manually, the case itself is water resistant. Even my highly inaccurate quartz-powered 187 is water resistant, and that has chrono pushers. While I'd certainly think these watches would benefit from a pressue check before any kind of actual dive experience, everyday water exposure, such as showering/bathing/swimming shouldn't be an issue. Certainly not if it is a relatively 'solid' case, such as Luminors, Radiomirs, DateJusts and Submariners etc. Folks can, by all means, take a watch in for testing before risking an immersion, or, they can just grab the bull by the horns, run the cold tap on full, and hold the watch under the flow B) Okay, so putting a leather strap under water isn't a good idea, if the owner wants it to stay looking nice, but other than that, it's a bit silly to worry, say, if at a pool party, about not wanting to get a "diver's watch" (from a brand known for it's water-resistance) wet ;):lol: