When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seiko MarineMaster

whitestripes

The desirable MM is the MM600 Spring Drive. This will never be repped as the reason for getting one is the movement.

Im seriously thinking about getting a MM600 Spring Drive. The only trouble being they are not the sort of watch you can go into an AD and take a look at. Not sure about the bezel either.

Has anyone got one?

Im seriously thinking about getting a MM600 Spring Drive. The only trouble being they are not the sort of watch you can go into an AD and take a look at. Not sure about the bezel either.

Has anyone got one?

I've handled the MM600 SD. They are simply awsome! My buddy was a diehard Rolex guy. I emphisize "was" as he has sold both his gen Sub and SD (both Rolex) now that he's got a MM600. IMHO, the MM600 has better, more rugged, look/feel to it and it's craftmanship/quality is equal to Rolex, if not better. I was very very surprised by the MM600. I shouldn't have been since I've got an Orient Star 300M that I'd put against any Swiss brand any time of day in terms of quality and craftmanship. When you throw in the innovative movement in the MM I think it's a must have. It's certainly on my list.

I'd love to see it rep'd.

I've handled the MM600 SD. They are simply awsome! My buddy was a diehard Rolex guy. I emphisize "was" as he has sold both his gen Sub and SD (both Rolex) now that he's got a MM600. IMHO, the MM600 has better, more rugged, look/feel to it and it's craftmanship/quality is equal to Rolex, if not better. I was very very surprised by the MM600. I shouldn't have been since I've got an Orient Star 300M that I'd put against any Swiss brand any time of day in terms of quality and craftmanship. When you throw in the innovative movement in the MM I think it's a must have. It's certainly on my list.

I'd love to see it rep'd.

Thats good to know. I dont know whether I would trade or p/x my Rolex Sub for one, but I have considered it. I like the look of the watch and the sweeping second hand Spring Drive movement. I can also tell me girlfriend that I only have bought a Seiko and she wouldnt have any idea about the price :) I think it takes a real watch lover to pay some serious money for the design and the movement over an inferior high end brand.

Im in the UK and I know a few Jewellers in the UK stock Spring Drive Seiko watches but haven't enquired yet as to what models they have in stock. Would really have to take a good look at the model in person first.

What did you think of the bezel? Looks like a chainsaw blade in the pics I have seen :)

Any chance you could take some pics of your buddies watch?!

The desirable MM is the MM600 Spring Drive. This will never be repped as the reason for getting one is the movement.

This is horologically true :thumbsupsmileyanim: and IMHO SEIKOs are not somethying that ashould be replicated...does not really make sense (even so there might be SEIKO replicas out there)

(even so there might be SEIKO replicas out there)

Gran,

This I can gurantee you to be fact.... and would you beleive even some of their cheaper crappy quartz stuff....sometimes makes one wonder about the driving mentality behind copying watches :rolleyes:

Offshore

Gran,

This I can gurantee you to be fact.... and would you beleive even some of their cheaper crappy quartz stuff....sometimes makes one wonder about the driving mentality behind copying watches :rolleyes:

Offshore

Driving mentally is that if there is a marked out there and the chinese have the toold available to copy something easily it will be done. Maybe cheep SEIKOs are the easiest to replicate so thats why its done...

i have a gen MM300 that i sold an SMP to buy and have never regretted it :)

i did get a chance to try on the 600M springdrive diver at a seiko meet up once and it's an awesome watch!

yes, there are rep seiko's. there are a few ebay dealers who are known to sell fake 007 divers and fake black/orange monsters. i even have a link to a web page somewhere that shows how to tell if your 007 is a fake. weird that they rep a watch that sells for $150US or so but they do...

Bro, you gotta get out more. There are Seikos that get into the stratosphere price-wise...

Case in point:

http://www.timezone.com/library/rdnotebook/200607314159

001lg.jpg

$135,000usd (if you could find one)

D

Seiko's are very unlikely to be repped because of their afforability and it kind of goes against why the majority of people buy reps - to have the real thing for a portion of the price, and they are a less of a desirable brand.

I'll try to get a shot (on my wrist of course :) ) of my buddy's MM600. I don't know when I'll meet up with him again, but I'll try.

Yeah, it's always preplexed me too about Seiko reps, but like someone just said... if there's a market for it then you can sell reps of it.

I'll try to get a shot (on my wrist of course :) ) of my buddy's MM600. I don't know when I'll meet up with him again, but I'll try.

Yeah, it's always preplexed me too about Seiko reps, but like someone just said... if there's a market for it then you can sell reps of it.

the MM600 is a beauty http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;hl=seiko+600

and the Spring Drive Sonnerie is fantastic :wub:

That thing really is a beaut! I know I might draw some flak for this, but the MM looks more substantial than the SD or Sub, IMHO. I love the dial too, especially with taht power meter.

Doh!!! Now you guys are making me want this one NOW!

That thing really is a beaut! I know I might draw some flak for this, but the MM looks more substantial than the SD or Sub, IMHO. I love the dial too, especially with taht power meter.

Doh!!! Now you guys are making me want this one NOW!

We all do...only the brand name is so wrong...SEIKO...even CREDOR does not ring well here in Europe (guess CREDOR line can only be bought directly from Japan)

Well most of the higher end Seiko's, i.e. Grand Seiko's, aren't sold in the US. It's a shame, I think if they brough over their high end lines it would do wonders for their image.

Sure would....love their more advanced movements but save the divers that I love all the watches look like they were also designed by conservative engineers and not by artists

Sure would....love their more advanced movements but save the divers that I love all the watches look like they were also designed by conservative engineers and not by artists

Well that's the Japanese for ya. More science then art.

this were designed by 'conservative engineers'? :p

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

actually pretty much every single seiko diver from the first 62MAS and 6105's to the marine master 300m was designed primarily by one man. tokunaga-san. one man who was kind enough to actually post and answer questions on the seiko forum until recently. he was involved in the design of the 600m springdrive diver (and said that it actually easily surpasses 800 meters in pressure testing) and i believe the new sumo was the first seiko diver he was not heavily involved in the design of.

here is a link to the seiko dive watch museum web page his son maintains:

http://www.tokunaga.ne.jp/en/museum/index.html

this were designed by 'conservative engineers'? :p

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

actually pretty much every single seiko diver from the first 62MAS and 6105's to the marine master 300m was designed primarily by one man. tokunaga-san. one man who was kind enough to actually post and answer questions on the seiko forum until recently. he was involved in the design of the 600m springdrive diver (and said that it actually easily surpasses 800 meters in pressure testing) and i believe the new sumo was the first seiko diver he was not heavily involved in the design of.

here is a link to the seiko dive watch museum web page his son maintains:

http://www.tokunaga.ne.jp/en/museum/index.html

:thumbsupsmileyanim: tokunaga-san :thumbsupsmileyanim: is the man. He sure did a good jobb and i respect him.