When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB Real or Rep?

JHM

There is little doubt in my mind that this watch is not genuine....

If it is a replica....then it is amazing....spot on in every way....

It is a Hublot BB Portocervo....

Compare the pic in this thread with the gen photos in this link....scroll down to page 18 of this catalog....

Hublot forum catalog....

portocervo on ebay....

The watch is very similar to the HBB Aspen....the subdials seem to be switched from 9 to 3 oclock and the case of the Aspen is white....

I honestly cannot find a single flaw anywhere on the dial....or case....or anywhere else for that matter....

Rep. Hublot logo text is supposed to be Sans Serif. Chronograph seconds needle is bleeding red paint on the "H" area.

100% agreed on the hand bleeding, also the subdial hands at 9 is too close to the dial, like if the dial was not properly in place.

Hublot would not allow this on any of its watches.

Edited by jun

If that picture was posted in a gen forum, I wonder why they would even bother with a watch whose flaws are well known, let alone a "blinged out" watch like that.

Granted, many people are not diamond experts (myself included), but how CZ and genuine diamonds are portrayed are significantly different. Including price, the genuine bezel (diamonds) would run a couple thousand. And I'm sure that the manufacturer had taken the time and effort to place diamonds of similar color and clarity to add to the "uniformity" of the watch. CZ's; not so much uniformity.

But then again, some people "just don't know" and I guess either he was a wealthy fool, or someone looking to get a thrill fooling others.

If that picture was posted in a gen forum, I wonder why they would even bother with a watch whose flaws are well known, let alone a "blinged out" watch like that.

Granted, many people are not diamond experts (myself included), but how CZ and genuine diamonds are portrayed are significantly different. Including price, the genuine bezel (diamonds) would run a couple thousand. And I'm sure that the manufacturer had taken the time and effort to place diamonds of similar color and clarity to add to the "uniformity" of the watch. CZ's; not so much uniformity.

But then again, some people "just don't know" and I guess either he was a wealthy fool, or someone looking to get a thrill fooling others.

I can't afford the real deal but really love the watch. And yes, 99 out of 100 people don't know the flaws :D