When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wholesale Outlet ... His Greed was his undoing

lanikai

Well it looks like this project is a not go

No .. if you recieved the message from chief things have changed I will have to mail each member individually their mags.. and then they will have to mail them ... themselves to chief... you can inquire if it can come from me .. but that would be his call not mine..

again.. all the mis info on mags .. the sample that I bought matched the same magnification on the GMTIIc as the one attached to it... read my post above as to the difference.. mags that are 2.5 could be misinterpreted to be lesser if they are applied to crystal that sit lower in the case even a tiny fraction of a mm could make a huge difference.. thus I put this mag through the hoops of trying it on different crystals of different heights .. and it is the same as the one currentloy on the GMTIIc ..

You just don't realize how much time and enrergy it took to get this... if it will take more on my part .,. then so be it..

This may be academic at this point, but it just occurred to me that you could probably drop all 20 (or more) of the crystals into an ultrasonic cleaner filled with a warm ammonia/water solution & the cyclops's may just pop off after being run through a few cycles. I accidentally damaged a customer's crystal when I did this last year. The crystal was 10 or so years old, so that may have effected the outcome, but it is probably worth a try. Assuming, of course, that this project gets put back on track.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I am posting this in typical, "I dont care who I [censored] off" fashion!

SO let me get this straight... There were questions as to the quality and specs of the cyclops based on the SELLERS REPUTATION and Lani's reputation could not provide enough evidence that the cyclops' are correct?

Not blowing any smoke up anyone [censored] here... But I know that Lani is one particular guy. If he says something is good, its good. Cuz' if it aint, your gonna hear that too.

SO NOW, instead of one package containing 20 cyclops' being sent to be AR'd... each person is expected to send them individually? And this makes things easier or more cost effective for who again?

Now Lani has to send off 20 packages instead of one, which means each of the 20 people need to pay Lani additional money for shipping because the $1 he charged isnt going to cover it.

Then we wait to get them... Then IF WE WANT, we re-address them and send them to be AR'd (incurring more cost). And then the Chief needs to recieve 20 packages (instead of one) and keep track of them.

Tell me how this is better again? Cuz' I fail to understand it!

I personally want to thank Lani for his efforts, and volunteer to send him some money to cover this debacle because there is no reason for him to be losing money because he attempted to do something for the rest of us. And I think I will find someone else to take care of my AR needs! There is a lab 30 minutes from my house that I have already received a quote from. If they do good enough work for the USMC, then they probably can coat a watch crystal!

As I said in the upper post .. the magnification depends on the height of the crystal .. that's why I realized that my 1680 vintage genuine crystal .. mag makes the font look so huge.. the crystal rides high..

I put the mag in question on a lower riding crystal and the effect was obvious not as much magnification... I put it on the 1680 crystal.. same match as the genuine in magnification.. I put it a number of times on the GMCIIc and it is a match with the mag on there now.. and as was discussed on another thread the rep mag is too thick around the edges.. but the "sample" mag that I got off the crystal from wholesale warehouse is much closer to the genuine..

Now I cannot see the seller sending me bogus crystals when I have his documented emails .. he went outside eBay which is a no no..... and I advised him that I would file a dispute if anything was amiss

Now in hind sight it was not a good idea to post the "story" as it brought out a lot of conjecture and what if's as to the quality of the crystals I am waiting for..

I will still remove them for ALL .. I already bought the chemicals and containers with rubber seals as the acetone 100% pure is wicked to inhale..

MY concern is getting them out and members getting them to Chief in the allotted time frame..

I don't want more money as I feel responsible ... my intention was to assist in this mod..

I did get upset ... I admit that as "my part" in this episode .. my logic was .. why are people bringing this so called "not correct xx out now after I dumped 600 usd in the crystals.. as I said .. more than 20 signed up .. some late stragglers asked to be fit in.. after the thread was closed.. so total is 31 mags.. of which

3 or 4 would be for members who did not know .. or "spoilage" I was not going to ask for anyone to pony up anymore cash if their crystal was defective... I did not factor that cost into the price as a retailer would do for insurance..I just ordered and payed for 5 or 6 more ..just in case

So if I have offended Chief tang .. You have my humble Apologies... for what ever reason.. I did this for the members and not for my watch as my mags are being Are now by you..

so I ask if you can see past our differences .... I take responsibility for the wrongs here... (real or perceived) and ask that you put personal issues aside and finish what we started ... that is my request , I have not a penny of profit to come out of this chief.. if we can do it for the members I would appreciate it..

Sincerely

Randy ~ aka Lanikai

I do not really know lani... but I will tell you this, I now regard you as a gentleman of the highest order...

Now... a simple question.... what roadblocks are in our way and how to we break through?

Thank you..

The mags have to be sent out from each member seperately .. this is the challenge.. I will not recieve them until (hopefully Saturday) but realistically next week Monday or Tuesday..

The removal if all goes well .. will take 2 to 3 day's of soaking in the acetone.. en mass... if I use heat .. well there are only so many hours in a day and 15 - 18 are taken up by my business... not an excuse but I have a very bad cold but taking off from the workers running things is not an option.. so acetone is the likely way to go...

then the mailing out of over 25 mags... Conus does not concern me that much .. it's EU members that is my concern... 7 to 10 day's..business day's .. EMS.. 30 usd a pop .. for me a little pricey.. so I would say .. members would have to messagge me thier addresses and usernames .. EU members give "proxy" to another member in Conus to mail them into Cali that would work... if approved..

Guest carlsbadrolex
Thank you..

The mags have to be sent out from each member seperately .. this is the challenge.. I will not recieve them until (hopefully Saturday) but realistically next week Monday or Tuesday..

The removal if all goes well .. will take 2 to 3 day's of soaking in the acetone.. en mass... if I use heat .. well there are only so many hours in a day and 15 - 18 are taken up by my business... not an excuse but I have a very bad cold but taking off from the workers running things is not an option.. so acetone is the likely way to go...

then the mailing out of over 25 mags... Conus does not concern me that much .. it's EU members that is my concern... 7 to 10 day's..business day's .. EMS.. 30 usd a pop .. for me a little pricey.. so I would say .. members would have to messagge me thier addresses and usernames .. EU members give "proxy" to another member in Conus to mail them into Cali that would work... if approved..

To use a technical term... This sounds like a Gangle[censored] to me. And quite honestly its a bunch of [censored].

Lani, you are MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH kinder than I. Because of whatever the hell the issue is, many people will not be getting their cyclops AR'd.

It is my VERY STRONG opinion that Chief be held responsible and accountable for what could nearly be considered a breach of contract. HE sent out these PM's with very clear instructions concerning how this was going to be handled. HE made it very clear that Lani would be sending ALL cyclops to him and that they would be included in THIS AR run. MANY people bought in to this because of his statements and instructions, and NOW they will be left with a cyclops that may/may not be done.

That is without a doubt the poorest of business. It is not our concern what your level of work is. YOU quoted a price based on YOUR requirements. We did not make an offer to you. YOU made an offer to us. If Chief didnt figure in enough money to cover his efforts, that is HIS fault not ours.

But I am fairly confident that this was nothing more than a temper tantrum over perceived ill will. In the end, it is my hope that he WILL be held accountable.

I personally would NEVER do business with him, and am already seeking alternate options.

I'm simply dealing with a hectic schedule and am going to be taking on less hobby "work" in the immediate future - not more. I misunderstood how this was going to work, and regret that now. But it has already started to become too time consuming to correlate forum names with email addresses (when forum name isn't included), to track down return shipping addresses when they're not included in payments, etc. on top of the prep work for the crystals. I've set up a very organized flow for my AR runs that avoids all this headache, and decided these lenses needed to be handled like all the others I deal with... But if anyone has the time and wants to proxy this for me by organizing the lenses, the return addresses, and tracking and providing payments, we can still make a go of it in the upcoming run in two weeks. I myself just can't dedicate the extra time it was requiring.

So as I have said, the offer to provide AR coating at the quoted price still stands and is available at any time if it doesn't work out this time.

Thanks.

PS - Fair enough, carlsbadrolex. Yes, I changed my mind about how to handle the details here because people weren't following the very clear (as you say) directions I provided and it had disaster written all over it. But, you are making assumptions and over reacting, as I am not rescinding the offer to provide AR services nor any prices quoted.

I'm simply dealing with a hectic schedule and am going to be taking on less hobby "work" in the immediate future - not more. I misunderstood how this was going to work, and regret that now. But it has already started to become too time consuming to correlate forum names with email addresses (when forum name isn't included), to track down return shipping addresses when they're not included in payments, etc. on top of the prep work for the crystals. I've set up a very organized flow for my AR runs that avoids all this headache, and decided these lenses needed to be handled like all the others I deal with... But if anyone has the time and wants to proxy this for me by organizing the lenses, the return addresses, and tracking and providing payments, we can still make a go of it in the upcoming run in two weeks. I myself just can't dedicate the extra time it was requiring.

So as I have said, the offer to provide AR coating at the quoted price still stands and is available at any time if it doesn't work out this time.

Thanks.

Tell me exactly what you want done.. I will get assistance ( volunteered) to facilitate your end .. we need to do this for the members.. so if that's OK..

R

Guest carlsbadrolex
PS - Fair enough, carlsbadrolex. Yes, I changed my mind about how to handle the details here because people weren't following the very clear (as you say) directions I provided and it had disaster written all over it. But, you are making assumptions and over reacting, as I am not rescinding the offer to provide AR services nor any prices quoted.

I feel this is a perfact case of the pot calling the kettle black. Im over reacting??? I didnt pull the plug on what could have been a painless project. YOU DID.

You talk about assumptions, I think you have made a few yourself this evening! And I assure you, they were incorrect!

Chief and I spoke on the phone a minute ago .. and agreed to work this out..

it was a misunderstanding ... as these things alway's are..

I apologize for any members being upset over this.... But thank you chief for allowing me to set things right...

Instructions will be posted as to how we will do this.. and please they need to be followed to the T

again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused ALL.

R

Chief and I spoke on the phone a minute ago .. and agreed to work this out..

it was a misunderstanding ... as these things alway's are..

I apologize for any members being upset over this.... But thank you chief for allowing me to set things right...

Instructions will be posted as to how we will do this.. and please they need to be followed to the T

again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused ALL.

R

There is nothing like a constructive 5 minute phone call to clear up a day's worth of written misunderstandings and frustrations. Lani, next time we talk let's make it about booze and women, though. :D

There is nothing like a constructive 5 minute phone call to clear up a day's worth of written misunderstandings and frustrations. Lani, next time we talk let's make it about booze and women, though. :D

Your on .. nix the first .. concentrate on numba 2

Aloha .. "the Breathe of Life"

R

I think we are good to go on this...

But if it is needed.... 4 of the guys on the list all live within 30 min of each other (3 of the 4 within 2 miles) and in the same state as chief... one of us could step up and make it very easy, if need be...

This is a good example though of why people need to follow directions...

I would volenteer to take delivery from Cheif of all the crytsals and resend them individually to each person at no charge more than actual mail costs if that is the major obstacle.

I am in ConUS.

Let me know if that would help.

Cheers,

M

LegendofSpeed Posted Today, 04:39 AM

I think we are good to go on this...

But if it is needed.... 4 of the guys on the list all live within 30 min of each other (3 of the 4 within 2 miles) and in the same state as chief... one of us could step up and make it very easy, if need be...

This is a good example though of why people need to follow directions...

Thank you Gentlemen ..... what I could use help with is gathering all the usernames.. I will post them and if someone could take control of this prtion of the group AR..

I need to address envelopes with the members username and real name and address .. I will include this with the mag so all chief has to do after the mags are ar'd is pop them into the little zip lock put them in the envelope and drop them in the mail

So what I would need is a full list .. all the info .. anyway I will post

Pm me if any are available for this

thank you

R

Thanks for the teamwork here guys... I simply wasn't able to track who was paid and who wasn't without the forum names on so many payments, and then whose return address was whose, which members were the ones without return addresses included, didn't have the time to figure it all out, etc.... :o But enough of that. The important part is there's plenty of time to pull this together and with your help we'll be good to go!

I'll help with tracking stuff...

but a question on shipping.... could we not send all of the cyclops (the cyclops number matches how many have paid) to chief.... and then he could send them all back to lani or the point person (if that needs to be me then fine, I'm in Cali)... at that point, the mailing would happen...

My experience with Wholesale Outlet was similar - wrong item (Bond insert instead of black SMP) - email him - send it back - nothing - email him x5 - agrees to replace but wants shipping again - argue and split shipping cost - new item is even more wrong than the first (now Rolex not Omega at all) - lots more emails then I give up.

Next move he starts messaging through ebay asking for feedback - I ignore him - more messages - I respond and agree to leave feedback but tell him it will be a true reflection of his cr*p service & waste of my money. Then the [censored] replys and tells me that he will leave me negative feedback if I dare to do this. WHAT A [censored]!!!

Now, I ignored this thread, and sorry I did. Gotta have some drama to spice up the chilli sometimes. But, really it's all with good intentions I have no doubt as I have ultimate faith in the main players here. Let's just all breath in and out and move on...

Thanks Lani for trying to pull this together for those who need this mod...seems that helping out the crew is often thankless...

I'll help with tracking stuff...

but a question on shipping.... could we not send all of the cyclops (the cyclops number matches how many have paid) to chief.... and then he could send them all back to lani or the point person (if that needs to be me then fine, I'm in Cali)... at that point, the mailing would happen...

All differences have been.. REOLVED.. I will ship out all mags to chief but with parameters.. all mags will have username and shipping address included with each mag... if payment has not been made following chiefs guidelines the mags will not leave Hawaii and will be sent to the owner without AR.. I don't forsee this as happening though..

Legend and M reynolds Thank you guy's... I could use help in gathering all the usernames to their shipping address's,... I will post a list but the mags will be here probably early next week then we have 2 weeks or more to finish .. so let's enjoy the weekend and I will keep everyone posted.. the weekend is horrendous for me as far as work.. Sunday I am pretty burnt... after work .. I get off a little early and someone else covers for me so .. have a great weekend and we will continue with the "team" next week..

BTW.. check out the sign up sheet for the wrist competition.. pilot run next week, so .. get your subs ready to post ... we need participation.. members donate ... 100% of the entree fee goes to prizes.. not usage costs.. so this is just for plain old fashion ... FUN !!!! :rolleyes: